Pentair Light Sync Issue with Intelibrite and Globrite lights

bmm925

Aug 13, 2021
LV
Hello,
I just finished having my pool built. The builder put a large intelibrite light in the deep end, and a smaller one in the spa. These two lights sync perfectly. There is a 3rd globrite light in the wet deck. Whenever I put the lights into some sort of color mode, the globrite light lags the others by a second or two. I contacted the pool builder who has had the light replaced twice. I'm about to let him know that the light they replaced today is still having the same issue. I believe the lights are on the same circuit. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Welcome to TFP.

The different model lights have different electronics and dont match perfectly in operation or color. I warn people about that in mixing models.

bmm925

Aug 13, 2021
LV
Yeah, I'm worried that we're ultimately going to be stuck with it. For us - I hired a pool builder who took care of the entire process. He's the one that recommended the combination of lights. Since it was coming from the contractor, I didn't really didn't question the decision.

Right now, we're going through the Pentair Rep who is reaching out to corporate. They're going to be sending me a procedure to sync the lights that's normally only performed in the factory. For what it's worth, the repair guy thinks that the delay that I'm seeing is not normal.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
The synch procedure I have heard of is below. However my understanding this fixes when lights are different colors which is not your problem.

Let us know what you learn.

The procedure to reset the control board inside of the lights is:
  • Turn the lights on
  • Within 10-15 seconds of turning on the lights, turn the lights on and off 31 times
This establishes a reset on the lights and resolved the issue with a members Globrite not changing colors properly. This should work for other Pentair LED color changing lights.

If your light is connected to an automation controller you may need to remove the cover where the cords for the lights come up through the conduit and connect to the feed from the transformers. Then unscrew the wire nut to the group of lights from the source transformer (black wire usually) and manually touch the power wire wires 31 times to the other wires still twisted together about 1/2 a second apart each time. We don't think there is a way to do this via automation.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.