Pentair Legend LL 105G needs some help and parts recommendations......

Victor Newman

Bronze Supporter
Sep 6, 2014
Grants Pass, OR
Greetings from Oregon. Bought this new in 2006. Serial# 007124. Works pretty good, until lately. Started to go in circles and staying only in half the pool. Got some new wheel covers as originals were worn. Helped a little, but still going in circles. My inspection revealed that one drive wheel was loose and spindle/drive shaft was not making good contact with the inside grooves of the left drive wheel. So, I found a gasket/spacer to help tighten things up .....but still wanted to go in a circle.

So...I adjusted the thrust jet in the back from dead center to dead right to counter act the bad left wheel.....and it works much better. No circles and it cleans both ends of the pool.

This is a temporary fix, I am sure. I have an exploded drawing of the Legend showing all the parts and part numbers. I might be able to figure out what to buy. Also, I am not a handyman, by any means. Would someone please put on their thinking caps and advise me how to proceed, please ? What parts to buy and should I try the repairs myself or seek help. (I am too inept to post pictures)......

A Thousand Thanks

After 14 years the cleaner is worn out and probably best for you to replace it with a new one or a modern robot cleaner.

Hi ajw.....yes, a robot had crossed my mind. I saw ad for AquaVac 250 Li and it seems reasonably priced and would work on our small 16x32, max 5 foot deep pool. Don't think it will go up a wall....or will it ? Is this a good place to discuss robot cleaners ? Thank you.

I dont find any mentions of the AquaVac 250 Li on the forums. It does nit look like a wall climber from the description.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.