Pentair Intellitouch Airswitch

siberian

Nov 2, 2022
Southern California
Just upgraded my Compool to Intellitouch and it went great but now I need to sort out my air switch.

Previously the air switch in the spa directly controlled an old dumb pump that ran at a single speed. I replaced my spa pump with an Intelliflow VSF which means it is controlled over RS-485 which clearly an analog air switch is not compatible with.

Yes, I can just use my ScreenLogic or buy a spa side switch, but my air switch is grouted into the tile and I hate the idea of it just being a dead switch.

Does Pentair make an RS-485 air switch that would signal it was pressed?

I have a plan to build an ESP-32 pressure switch microcontroller that speaks RS-485 and can command Pentair (3 speed that would signal the board at each speed to run the spa pump at different RPM), but before I embark on that journey, I was hoping one existed already as it seems like a common use case, particularly for retrofit applications.

Tx!

Can you update your signature? I think you have the EasyTouch not the IntelliTouch based on your previous post? Is the switch a toggle switch or a momentary press button? I assume it has a two wire cable? There is an option for a four button spa side remote with the ET, see post below for a wiring diagram.

Last edited:
The Pentair IS-4 Spa Side Switch is simply a momentary contact switch.

You may need to change your air switch to be momentary contact...

I think if you connect your air switch between the BLK common and R, Y, G or B contacts and tell the IntelliTouch you have a SPA side switch you can set it for whatever circuit you want.

Pentair_Spaside_4_Button_Remote_Schematic.jpg

Signature updated, sorry about that. I recently upgraded my Compool to Intellitouch.

The air switch currently switches 110V, it was used for the old pump so I will need a new one for sure.

Thanks for the diagram, that makes a ton of sense, I had not thought about the IS4 connection, very cool!

I'll order a new switch and give it a shot,tx so much!

Reactions: guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.