Pentair IntelliPH

wcmaness

Jun 28, 2020
Arlington, TX
Does anyone use an IntelliPH? Pentair seems to push the IntelliChem for complete monitoring and balance (much more expensive) but since I have a salt chlorine generator (IntelliChlor) all I need is PH control, and I don't need the total automation.

W,

We have several people here that use the ipH... let's see if we can get one of them to chime in..

Personally, I do not like the fact that it interferes with the SWCG's operation... If I were to install one, I would have it run as a separate unit, like a Stenner pump.

If this is a new pool, I would suggest that you do nothing.. Adding a few ounces of acid once a week is pretty easy to do. After the pool is a year old you can decide if you really need to automate the acid or not.. Most people find that they do need an automatic acid feeder.

And... Most of us here are not an fan of the IntelliChem system.. The basic conscientious is... you buy it, then fuss with it for a year or two trying to get things perfect, get frustrated, and then turn it off..

Most totally automated systems are great.. right up until the time of impact!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I use an IntelliPH with the SWG and it works great! Not a single complaint and it’s been running for about 2 years now.

I still test every week to confirm all is correct from a chemistry standpoint, and make an occasional adjustment to the acid percentage, but with cured plaster it’s quite stable now. I think the variable is really how often the water features are used.

My pool is 11 years old. I love my SWG and the only real maintenance I hate is adding acid for ph control. I'm not even really looking for automation (but I'd like it), more just an easy way to add acid without pulling out a jug every time. I'm going to go ahead & buy it, and avoid the Intellichem. I already have a Waterguru monitoring my levels, so I'm good on the daily testing point. As for the automation in general - my Easytouch has been great - except for issues that are likely caused by me. The only problem with Pentair I've had is that short-life lcd screen on the outdoor unit that burns out. Thanks to this forum, I replaced it with the blue/white screen instead of replacing the board. That was a great tip. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.