Pentair Intelliflow VS pump not priming but display has no errors

Feb 28, 2017
Elk Grove
Hi all,

I have a 4year old Pentair Inteliflow VS pool pump that doesnt prime run. The display is working and does not have any errors. I cleaned the basket and could spin the impeller with minimal resistance. Im thinking my next step should be to replace the 15year old breaker at the pool subpanel. Any other idea?

Thanks,

OK -- no power is different than not priming.

The control panel has power. Can you trace the 220V power from the breaker to the pump?

Reactions: flyinfitz1
Fly,

If you have a voltmeter, then measure the 240 volts right at the pump.. always measure between L1 and L2... do not measure L1 to ground and then L2 to ground as that can give you a false reading..

I suspect that you have lost either L1 or L2 AC input.

Changing out the 240 volt breaker is not a bad idea.. Cheaper than a new pump.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: flyinfitz1
Fly,

If you have a voltmeter, then measure the 240 volts right at the pump.. always measure between L1 and L2... do not measure L1 to ground and then L2 to ground as that can give you a false reading..

I suspect that you have lost either L1 or L2 AC input.

Changing out the 240 volt breaker is not a bad idea.. Cheaper than a new pump.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks! This is helpful. There is a gap between L1 and L2 and my meter only has one lead. Any suggestions on how todo this reading? Sorry not great with doing this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Fly,

If your meter does not have two leads, then don't do the test.. Looking at the link, there should be a set of black and red leads that plug into the bottom of your meter.

It does not matter which leads goes where, as long as one of them is on L1 and the other lead is on L2.. Nothing goes to ground.. Meter needs to be set to read AC volts....

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.