Pentair Intelliflow Variable Speed Pump Not Turning on During Schedule

Jetcraft99

Oct 21, 2023
Houston, TX
Hello everyone. There have been some good conversations here about similar problems, but none have fixed my issue. The pump has been working normally on schedule until today. The pump seems to be talking to the easy touch control box as when I open the panel on the pump it says "display not in use". However there are times when it seems it's not talking to the pump and the display is active even though I'm in normal "schedule" mode. The pump is about 10 years old, but I can get it to run manually in service mode so the pump itself is good. I ran a self test diagnostics on the easy touch and it came up with an error code 4. When I looked that up it says a button is stuck, but I can't find any buttons not working properly. The other pumps ran as designed during the self test, but not the main pump. My guess is a bad control board.

Any ideas? Below is what I have. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Intelliflow Pool Pump 1.JPG
    Intelliflow Pool Pump 1.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Intelliflow Pool Pump 2.JPG
    Intelliflow Pool Pump 2.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Easy Touch Control Panel.JPG
    Easy Touch Control Panel.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 13

It looks to me like you have lost your water temp probe. When this happens the system can have odd failures. Not sure that is what is causing your pump issue, but something I would fix first.

Just install a new water temp probe and see what happens.

The pump and the EasyTouch have to communicate with each other. To get the "Display not active" display, all it takes is for the pump to see the EasyTouch. But that does not mean the pump can communicate back to the EasyTouch.

I would want to double check each end of pump cable and make sure the connections are tight and not corroded. It appears to me you have plenty of corrosion at the pump itself, so it may also have effected the pins on the com cable.. We have seen them corroded all the way through..

Thanks,

Jim R.

No, just the wireless remote. When I went to look at the temp sensor to replace it the hose clamp had broken off letting air in and a slight leak so I'm hoping when the new one comes in that will fix the problem. If not I'll check the wires for corrosion.

Alright, replaced the temp sensor, no help. No corrosion in the wires, but reseated them anyway, but no help. I had to call a pro out and he found the problem right away. Somehow the programming for the pump had been erased on the easy touch control panel. He reset the programming to run correctly (Prime at 3450, Run at 2850) and after that it ran fine. To get to this programming go Settings>Intelliflo>Pump #1 then fill in Pump type (VS for me), Speeds (2850, Circuit Pool), Priming (3min, 3450) and the status should give current RPM and Watts and say "Normal". I hope this helps out someone else. Thanks.

Last edited:
Glad you got it fixed.
Any reason you run the pump at such high rpm? Likely should be able to get by with 1200-1500 rpm. I would turn the priming speed down to 2500 rpm unless your pump is draining when off, and if that is so, you have a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.