Pentair Intelliflow PL4/PSL4 NOT following Schedules

Pkern

May 1, 2020
Flower Mound, TX
Hello,
I have recently replaced my cleaner pump because my old one quit. After I reset the schedule, the pool cleaner pump comes on randomly - it won't follow the schedule. I have deleted all of the schedules, then done a reset, and it continues to come on randomly. I have all of the egg timers set to exactly 12 hours. Any ideas of how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Paul

Attachments

• Schedule.jpg
    Schedule.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 3
Paul,

Use the little display on the EasyTouch and verify that only the schedules you want show up.

From time time we see where a schedule in the EasyTouch does not show up in ScreenLogic.

Is your "cleaner" pump a booster pump that requires the main pump to be running?

What is the Circuit Function of the circuit you are using to turn on the cleaner pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Paul,

Use the little display on the EasyTouch and verify that only the schedules you want show up.

From time time we see where a schedule in the EasyTouch does not show up in ScreenLogic.

Is your "cleaner" pump a booster pump that requires the main pump to be running?

What is the Circuit Function of the circuit you are using to turn on the cleaner pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the speedy response! I have double checked the controller - there are not any programs set there. I deleted them all from the controller earlier, and then reloaded the ones in the screenshot earlier today (after a reset) and the cleaner pump continues to come on randomly. I am not sure if the pump needs the main pump (pic attached). I am using Aux1 for the cleaner pump.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 1
P,

I'd go into the EasyTouch menu and erase the EPROM back to factory default.

I am not sure what is going on, but I am not a fan of your schedule..

I suggest that you set your Pool circuit to run the entire time you want the pool/spa to be open for the day. What speed are you using for the pool circuit?

Then set Aux 1 to run the time you want the cleaner to run.

Do you have a spa?

What does Jets do???

Do you have a PL4 (No spa) or do you have PSL4 (Pool and Spa)?

Tell me more about your current schedule and how you want it to work.. Maybe we can come up with a better one.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you again! I do have a spa - and I have a PSL4.
I have a variable speed pump, which I would like to run always. It is a salt system so I have to run the pool pump faster to generate chlorine (I think?) Then I want to run the cleaner for two hours a day to clean the floor of the pool.

The pool circuit is set at 1,000 RPM.
If I erase the eprom, will I have to set the valves for the spa? Is that difficult? I reset the schedule - I think I changed it as you suggested? (See attached)
Thank you again!!!

Attachments

• 2023-06-25_13-50-10.jpg
    2023-06-25_13-50-10.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2023-06-25_13-54-35.jpg
    2023-06-25_13-54-35.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 3
P,

(I see you made some changes like I was suggesting below...)

If you want to run the pump 24/7 then set your Pool schedule to 8 am until 8 am.. And set your pump speed to whatever speed turns on your SWCG plus 100 RPM or so, just to make sure the flow switch stays closed. I assume you have a heater, so my guess is that your lowest speed will be about 1500 to 1800 RPM.

Then set a schedule for Aux 1 (Cleaner) to run for any two hours you wish. If the main pump is not running fast enough, then you can set Aux 1 to a higher speed. When the pump see's two speeds, it will always run the faster one.

As an example.. if the pool is running at 1500 RPM and your cleaner needs 2000 then when the Aux 1 (cleaner) comes on the pump will increase its speed to 2000 when Aux 1 comes on and then drop back to 1500 when Aux 1 shuts off.

If you erase the Eprom, you will have to set up your pump speeds again, but your valves should be plugged into the Intake and Return ports and there is not programming for them. They just work automatically.

What kind of SWCG do you have??

When in the Pool mode and running at 1000 RPM, go out and look at your SWCG and make sure its flow switch is closed. 1000 RPM sounds too low to me, but it really depends on your plumbing and your pump. It makes no sense to run the pump, if you are not making chlorine.

Your changes look good to me.. Try things out and see what happens. :goodjob:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.