Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Fellow TFP'ers... need some help.

I have a Pentair IntelliFlo VSF (#011056) pump that was installed in April of 2019 and I'm seeing some pretty significant corrosion on the pump. Should I be concerned about this? If yes, is there something that I can do to prevent/control the corrosion?

IMG_2544.jpeg

IMG_2545.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

You are in Florida. How close to the ocean water? Everything corrodes in Florida.

Doing some additional searching on the forum, sounds like a lack of bonding may be the issue ( Link to Post )... I believe the bonding wire is what I see on the side of the pump (1st photo). Any suggestions on how to test that this is setup correctly? I don't fully understand the bonding vs grounding concept. :-(

Something is causing accelerated corrosion. Maybe a seal leak or possibly stray current.

Disconnect the bond wire and measure the voltage from the pump bond wire lug to the bond wire.

Then reconnect the bond wire.

Reactions: Blancmik
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.