Pentair IntelliFlo 2 VST Over Current and Lost Communication

Unfortunately the pump shut off again last night although when I opened my ScreenLogic app there was no over current alarm message, the button on the app that turns the pump on and off just showed that the pump was off. I tapped the button and the pump started up fine.

Any other suggestions?

SH,

I am confused??? How do you normally run your system?

Do you manually turn the pool on and off each day?

How many hours a day do you normally run???

If you turn the Pool Circuit on, it will only run for 12 hours and shut off unless you set up something different..

Tell me how you would like your system to work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for your patience in this, the company that installed our pool wasn’t very good and never explained how to run the automation.

Normally I run it 24 hours a day. I didn’t know that the pool circuit shut off after 12 hours so I will set a schedule up for it to run for 24 hours.
Thanks

SH,

If you want to run 24/7, then set the schedule for 8 am until 8 am.. Then go into the egg timer and set 'Pool" to Don't stop.

Show me this page...

Once I see it I can give you some hints on speeds... Basically you want Pool to be the lowest speed that will run your SWCG.. I suspect about 1200 RPM.

Then you can add faster speeds if you want to do other things... like skim better or run a cleaner or waterfall or whatever...

Thanks,

Jim R.

SH,

If the Pool Circuit is set to run 24/7, then the pump will run at 1200 RPM 24/7...

Leaving the Pool circuit on, if you select the icon for 1500 the pump will speed up to 1500, same for 1800 or clean.

Just keep in mind the the pump will run the fastest speed it is being told to run,, So, if you have 1800 on and then select 1500, the pump will not slow down, unless you turn off the 1800 first..

I would run it 24/7, or whatever amount of time you want, and see how well the skimmers work,,

If the pool is not skimming well, then you can schedule 1500 or 1800 to run once or twice a day for an hour or so.

Looks like you are well on your way to making this set up work for you.

If you have any more questions, just let me know..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,
I just wanted to say thanks for all your help! The pump has been running for 24 hours without shutting off and I owe it all to you. To think I almost went out and bought another pump. Thanks so much for saving me a ton of money, I owe you big time!!

SH,

We are all volunteers here at TFP... But without our supporters we would not have a website in order to help others..

No requirement, but you should think about becoming a supporter..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, create a circuit and select Heater from the available names.

Assign the pump speed to the circuit so that the pump speeds up to the desired speed when the heater is activated by the automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.