Pentair Intelliconnect...

JakeInPalmCoast

Apr 17, 2019
Palm Coast, Florida
I found one old thread discussing the new Intelliconnect, but not much information on it. Anyone buy it yet? I'm considering it as an affordable option. I hate that I won't be able to control my laminars and deck jets with it, but the $3k-4K price on the bigger versions are bit pricey.

hey Jake, here's a little bit of information from Jim about the intelliconnect for you to check out...

if you don't want to go full crazy $$ and buy an intellicenter, the Easytouch might be a better option than the intelliconnect.

Let me see if I can get Jim on this thread with an alert... @Jimrahbe

Tom

Reactions: JakeInPalmCoast
Jake,

I just can't see you, or anyone else, being happy with the IntelliConnect.

Everyone is different of course, but I would personally give up all the laminars and deck jets in the world for one EasyTouch... :mrgreen:

Tell me what it is that you want to do or control... Are you adding to an existing pool or will this all be new?

If you are handy at all you can self-install an EasyTouch... What was included in your estimate of $3 or $4K??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JakeInPalmCoast
Jake,

I just can't see you, or anyone else, being happy with the IntelliConnect.

Everyone is different of course, but I would personally give up all the laminars and deck jets in the world for one EasyTouch... :mrgreen:

Tell me what it is that you want to do or control... Are you adding to an existing pool or will this all be new?

If you are handy at all you can self-install an EasyTouch... What was included in your estimate of $3 or $4K??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Appreciate the reply. I recently discovered the IntelliConnect online and was curious about it given the process point, but ultimately if I'm investing in automation I agree it would be nits not to spend a bit more and have full control over the deck jets and laminars. I based the $3-4K cost on references I've seen online that may be overstated. What's the best way to estimate the costs? I can look up the unit purchase price, but I'm not sure about the add-ons for pipe controls and labor for the installation.

The latest programming update on the Intelliconnect allows a temp probe connection (520272) thus you can control a heater. So with this update, you can have have Pentair Intelliflo (up to 5 RS-485 comm lines), Pentair MasterTemp Heater and one more free relay. If you all got a person of wit, you could have that last relay connect drive a NO/NC relay to open and close an actuator valve (need a 24AC power supply also). I'm just going to have the extra relay connection to on/off the IntelliBrite controller. Grant you I have to open the plastic box up on the Intellibrite to get to the switch connections but a remote to turn off the lights when the kids leave them on, priceless.

Jake,

Price depends on what you have and how you want to control it.. As an example.. Do you want all the deck jets to come on at once or do you want to individually control them?

I think of laminars and deck jets as the same thing... :scratch: Do you have both and if so, what is the difference?

The EasyTouch can only control two user programmable valves.. plus the standard Intake and Return valve.. If you need more than two valves you will need to go with the IntelliTouch or new IntelliCenter... or.. you can, as maruefer points out, add your own valve drivers using a SPDT relay... You can't use the normal relay inside an EasyTouch as they do not have NC contacts..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sorry, I should have listed the details. I have a Pentair IntelliFlo VSP, Pentair iChlor 30 salt chlorinator, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge filter , 2- Pentair Magicstream Laminars, 4 Deck Jets, Pentair Glowbrite Pool Lights, a Pentair Colorvision Bubbler, with a wall mounted Intellibright Controller.

I'd like to activate the deck jets and laminars together simultaneously, and maybe have the Bubbler on a secondary actuator so I'd need 2 actuators total I'm guessing. I also want light control capability via the app to avoid changing it manually if possible.

Sorry, I should have listed the details. I have a Pentair IntelliFlo VSP, Pentair iChlor 30 salt chlorinator, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge filter , 2- Pentair Magicstream Laminars, 4 Deck Jets, Pentair Glowbrite Pool Lights, a Pentair Colorvision Bubbler, with a wall mounted Intellibright Controller.

I'd like to activate the deck jets and laminars together simultaneously, and maybe have the Bubbler on a secondary actuator so I'd need 2 actuators total I'm guessing. I also want light control capability via the app to avoid changing it manually if possible.
Jake,

How do you like the Pentair color vision bubbler? Does it work well (achieves the desired plume height) for the height of water that you have? How much flow do you have going to the bubbler housing? Trying to decide if this is a good choice for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.