Pentair IntelliChlor Salt Chlorinator not working

May 27, 2019
Charlotte
Hey everyone, I have a Pentair IntelliChlor Salt Chlorinator for my 10k gallon fiberglass salt pool. It is a little over 4 years old. A few days ago I noticed it was not working, no lights or power. I acid cleaned it, wasn't too dirty as I had just done it 3 months ago. Did some research and led me to believe it could be the fuse. Replaced the fuse and it worked for 2 hours, now its dead again. Is the cell toast? I run my pool year round, but turn the cell off in November when swimming season is done. My dog goes in all winter, so we keep it open. Thanks.

That fuse assembly has a known issue.. Replacing just the fuse will often not fix it.. You have to replace the whole fuse assembly..

Not sure that is the issue, but something to look at first...

If you have a voltmeter, look at the input voltage after the fuse..

Thanks,

Jim R.

That fuse assembly has a known issue.. Replacing just the fuse will often not fix it.. You have to replace the whole fuse assembly..

Not sure that is the issue, but something to look at first...

If you have a voltmeter, look at the input voltage after the fuse..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Okay. Thanks. How long do these Chlorinators last. Someone told me 3-5 years. Is that fairly accurate?

My experience is 5 to 7 years.. But that is assuming that they just run of the ability to generate chlorine.. If they start blowing the breaker that is a failure and has nothing to do with how long they generally last.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.