Pentair IntelliCenter Review and Information

But they do at least want it to operate the way it was designed and then "set it and forget it" (sorry George Foreman for steeling your line).

That was the Ron Popeil Showtime Rotisserie! :LOL:

But I understood what you meant!

Well, I applaud Pentair for getting an end user involved. I know the company I work for, our best relationships and most productive development comes out of our group that deals directly with the end users. The end users find ways to use the equipment that the designers can sometimes never imagine!

That is super frustrating about the Intellivalves. Glad I went ahead and replumbed my equipment to do what I want, rather than waiting on the update. Although I was not really certain that the update would do what I needed, it sounded as if it might have.

Good luck and I know you will keep us posted!

--Jeff

Jeff,
That was the Ron Popeil Showtime Rotisserie! :LOL:
Really? Huh.. Just goes to show ya... :)

Well, I applaud Pentair for getting an end user involved. I know the company I work for, our best relationships and most productive development comes out of our group that deals directly with the end users. The end users find ways to use the equipment that the designers can sometimes never imagine!

That is super frustrating about the Intellivalves. Glad I went ahead and replumbed my equipment to do what I want, rather than waiting on the update. Although I was not really certain that the update would do what I needed, it sounded as if it might have.

Good luck and I know you will keep us posted!

--Jeff
Yea, I thought that when we discussed us working together to resolve some of those issues, that Pentair was really trying hard to "make good" on some of this. We both agreed that their little "test setup" they have is not very indicative of a "real world" setup. Yes, they can learn a lot from the real users.

I couldn't agree more regarding the IntelliValves. My pool on the other hand, is plumbed exactly in such a way, as to take advantage of the 5 preset positions that the IntelliValves being on the bus would afford. Maybe through my collaborations, I can try to talk them into moving a little faster in the timeline to get that done. I doubt it though.
Thanks and be safe.
r.

We recently installed Intellicenter. We have a Heliocol Solar system. We have the Intellicenter Setpoints set at Solar only, Cool Temp: 78 and Heat Temp:72, "Nocturnal" on, so that the pool will cool (here in Arizona) during the night. Occasionally the schedule will maintain the Setpoints, but also occasionally, the Setpoints will change to Cool Temp: 100 and Heat Temp: 78, and thus the cooling fails to work.
Anyone else having the issue of Setpoints changing from what is set? We made sure the "Schedules" match what we want also.
We have also noticed that, when the changes happen, the "Website/Mobile site" seems to have been down. Could that be causing the Setpoint changes?

We recently installed Intellicenter. We have a Heliocol Solar system. We have the Intellicenter Setpoints set at Solar only, Cool Temp: 78 and Heat Temp:72, "Nocturnal" on, so that the pool will cool (here in Arizona) during the night. Occasionally the schedule will maintain the Setpoints, but also occasionally, the Setpoints will change to Cool Temp: 100 and Heat Temp: 78, and thus the cooling fails to work.
Anyone else having the issue of Setpoints changing from what is set? We made sure the "Schedules" match what we want also.
We have also noticed that, when the changes happen, the "Website/Mobile site" seems to have been down. Could that be causing the Setpoint changes?
GCyr
I have experienced the issue of temperature set-points changing but its been quite a while now.
What version of control panel firmware are you running?
r.

Firmware version: 11:14:14. Just tried resetting the setpoints on the main panel, which also read Cool: 100/Heat:78. We had been setting them for the schedule via the mobile app. Will see if that holds. Seems strange though, that we wouldn't be able to make them hold with the mobile.

Firmware version: 11:14:14. Just tried resetting the setpoints on the main panel, which also read Cool: 100/Heat:78. We had been setting them for the schedule via the mobile app. Will see if that holds. Seems strange though, that we wouldn't be able to make them hold with the mobile.
Nope... That can't be your firmware version. Looks like a "time" format to me.
It should be at least v1.041.
Head out to your panel with your user's guide and go to System > Firmware Update as explained on pp 88 of the:

Do a "Check for Update", as also explained on pp 88.
Let's see what happens after you perform those two steps and if you don't have the most current update, follow the prompts to their conclusion. You should be updated to v1.041.
r.

Nope... That can't be your firmware version. Looks like a "time" format to me.
It should be at least v1.041.
Head out to your panel with your user's guide and go to System > Firmware Update as explained on pp 88 of the: https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...t/intellicenter/IntelliCenter_Users_Guide.pdf
Do a "Check for Update", as also explained on pp 88.
Let's see what happens after you perform those two steps and if you don't have the most current update, follow the prompts to their conclusion. You should be updated to v1.041.
r.
Thanks, yes I was in the wrong screen....we are at v1.040 with no update available. It says we are currently operating on the latest version available.

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ugh.. Yea, I forgot that they had pulled back the publicly released v1.041 and called it v1.040 since there was originally no 1.040 (goofy stuff)...

Anyway, in the beta version 1.042, there is fix called "SPACMD Heater Set Temperature override disallows manual heat setpoint changes."
That might be a fix addressing the issue that @GCyr is referencing.

Here is my suggestion...
1. Call Pentair Tech Support. Explain the issue that you are having. Explain that you believe that there might be a "fix" for your issue in beta version 1.042.
2. Ask them to please send the "one-time" link, where you can download that beta version. (if they tell you they don't do that, you're talking to some noob, who doesn't know squat. Ask to speak to a lead IntelliCenter Tech Support Rep, in that case).
3. Then download the beta version onto a USB flash drive and take it out to your panel and update your panel to beta version 1.042 accordingly. Get with me, if you're not clear how to do that, but it's pretty easy and covered in the user guide and you can just folllow the prompts in the menu.
  • Technical Support
Toll Free (800) 831-7133, * Press 1-1-1-1-1-3 for IntelliCenter

Sanford, North Carolina (8 AM to 8 PM ET)
Phone: (919) 566-8000
Fax: (919) 566-8920

Moorpark, California (5 AM to 5 PM PT)
Phone: (805) 553-5000
Fax: (805) 553-5515

... Or you can just live with the issue for a while and wait for the next firmware update push, which I'm told will be released in August (v1.048 is my understanding).
Stay well. and please keep us posted..
r.
EDIT: I'm running beta v1.042, so that might be why I'm no longer experiencing that issue. Just an assumption on my part. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: setsailsoon
Ugh.. Yea, I forgot that they had pulled back the publicly released v1.041 and called it v1.040 since there was originally no 1.040 (goofy stuff)...

Anyway, in the beta version 1.042, there is fix called "SPACMD Heater Set Temperature override disallows manual heat setpoint changes."

Here is my suggestion...
1. Call Pentair Tech Support. Explain the issue that you are having. Explain that you believe that there might be a "fix" for your issue in beta version 1.042.
2. Ask them to please send the "one-time" link, where you can download that beta version. (if they tell you they don't do that, you're talking to some noob, who doesn't know squat. Ask to speak to a lead IntelliCenter Tech Support Rep, in that case).
3. Then download the beta version onto a USB flash drive and take it out to your panel and update your panel to beta version 1.042 accordingly. Get with me, if you're not clear how to do that, but it's pretty easy and covered in the user guide and you can just folllow the prompts in the menu.
  • Technical Support

... Or you can just live with the issue for a while and wait for the next firmware update push, which I'm told will be released in August (v1.048 is my understanding).
r.
Thanks!! Waiting for a call back as I write. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
GC

Here is my suggestion...
  • Technical Support

r.
Ron,

More great information for us Intellicenter owners. Thanks so much for what you do on here!! Do you know if .048 will fix the pesky schedule time adjustment issue? It's really getting to be bothersome that this expensive, advanced system won't do this basic function that the cheapest, least capable brands on the market do.

Chris

Ron,

More great information for us Intellicenter owners. Thanks so much for what you do on here!! Do you know if .048 will fix the pesky schedule time adjustment issue? It's really getting to be bothersome that this expensive, advanced system won't do this basic function that the cheapest, least capable brands on the market do.

Chris
Just to clarify with a complete response. While it's frustrating they are taking almost a year to fix this issue so far I'm still thrilled with my Intellicenter and would definitely buy it again if I had it to do all over again.

Chris

Ron,

Chris
Chris..
Thanks and I really can't say because I don't know the answer.

What I can tell you, is that when I spoke to the IntelliCenter Lead Product Manager and the Pentair iOT Root Team Leader on the 21st of May, they were not even aware of that issue. WHAT?? (Btw, in my opinion, you're being overly kind, referring to that issue as "pesky") lol... I would use some other choice words, which I did respectfully, a couple of weeks ago. ;)

They're aware of it now for sure. The question that you raise, is "will it be fixed soon"? That is anyone's guess. I'm expecting a call from the software folks soon to cover some of these issues in more detail but who knows if that will happen. If it doesn't as promised by those guys mentioned above, then it will be "back to posting" on their FB page again. lol....

If Pentair would "just do their jobs", none of this would be necessary. Also, I am getting some "whiffs" of information, that some of the software may be now, or in the past, been written by outsourced contractors in India. Not sure if this is correct and I would have no problem with it, if the software (firmware and web client front end) were 100% functional and user-friendly, but their NOT. I just don't believe that sub-contractors in India, have a thorough understanding of the needs and requirements of pool owners, here in the U.S. or the level of functionality that we have come to expect out of product software.

Anyway, that's my morning rant. Sorry... :p
r.

Thanks!! Waiting for a call back as I write. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
GC
Finally got through to tech support...he said that they do not have the link. Asked to speak to lead tech support rep. He said they don't have anyone higher. Maybe because so many people are working remote right now? Anyway, he said it was a known issue and it is expected to be fixed and an update released next week. He said I could try going through "warranty support", that they may have it, so will try to find that site next.

Here is my suggestion...
  • Technical Support

r.
EDIT: I'm running beta v1.042, so that might be why I'm no longer experiencing that issue. Just an assumption on my part. ;)
Finally got through to tech support...he said that they do not have the link. Asked to speak to lead tech support rep. He said they don't have anyone higher. Maybe because so many people are working remote right now? Anyway, he said it was a known issue and it is expected to be fixed and an update released next week. He said I could try going through "warranty support", that they may have it, so will try to find that site next.

Hey all,

Long story short, my board fried during start up and they ordered a new one, which came installed with 1.045. This thread (and site) has been a tremendous help to me so if anyone has any questions, let me know.

Last edited:
Ok so i finally got the Intellicenter installed and the New J&J XG color light installed in the pool and spa.... i set up a light group to operate and sync the lights... but for some reason i cant seem to control the color selection when on a light group... they both work simultaneously but just slowly cycle through the colors on a light show - but if I try and change the color to a static color "RED" it blinks a few times and then continues to the light show vs just staying "RED".... what exactly am I doing wrong...

when i had them independent they can be selected to be any color or any of the shows that are options "Romance" etc

in the light group under features it shows both lights and the Group , All on, all off, etc

when i change something it says "light group sequence in progress..." and sits there like that for a long time

maybe i programmed the feature wrong... I did put each light on its own Relay

myazpool... any help would be appreciated

so far I really like the Intellicenter and the new lights a ton

Mark

GCyr
Hmmm, they could get you 1.042 if they wanted to. They are giving you some BS. I'll confirm that the update is coming out next week when I talk with Pentair tomorrow afternoon and I'll let you know.
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.