Pentair Intellicenter Lights and Alternate Compatibles?

CZJon

May 30, 2013
Houston, Texas (Huffman)
Pool Size
My builder put in an underwater 1.5" Intellicenter Multi Color programmable LED Light above the water line, above our head on the roof of the grotto. I asked him to do this, at and angle, sublimated so it would shine on the waterfall. He did without reading the manual and now the light burns our constantly and Pentair has invalidated the warranty. Obviously the builder is crickets, but after threatening a lawsuite has come back around with a hayward single selection mutli color LED that cannot be controlled via intellicenter (pentair's automation system that controls the other four lights in the pool so the color scheme works).

I have heard that there are lights out there that will work with Pentair's lighting system controller allowing for integration.

Does anyone have any idea for an out of water LED Light that can do that? Pentair recommended a possible Garden Flood light, but we will need to drill the roof and reset a pipe, etc... The light is not waterproof, but is IP67 rated and so it can be splashed and hosed, etc... just not submerged, which would be impossible on the roof of the pool grotto.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Jon

I'll bet something like this could be made to work Tiny Tim 12V LED Cast Brass Ultra Mini Well Light - Open Face
If it is on a seperate transformer (or have the pb install a separate transformer ) you could use a smart g4 bulb and control it . It would need to be a seperate transformer as the normal color changing mechanism for the pentair microbrites is a sequence of on-off-on etc which would reset the smart bulb everytime.

Attachments

• srw-609cbled-specs.pdf
    753.4 KB · Views: 5
You need to use a landscape light not a pool light. Pool lights are made to be cooled by the water it is submerged in and will burn out if used outside the water,

Pentair makes a color changing landscape light, which I’m sure matches their color sequence
They do, and they do match the pool light colors.

I can't find the post about someone else who added a few of these lights to their landscaping, but they are really easy to add to your automation. I picked up two of these in the off season to try and tie into my landscaping, but just have not found the right place for them yet. They look just like a landscape spotlight, two wires that connect to your existing light transformer. Make sure you have enough capacity in there, according to Pentair......
The IntelliBrite Landscape lights can be installed on any existing 12V transformer as long as lighting system is not beyond 80% of the transformer output rating.

I have a junction box where my lights all tie together outside of the transformer so it was easy for me to tap into that and run my lights. When the pool lights are blue, the spotlights are blue for example. They match the output of your transformer to the pool lights and the landscape lights.

They are pricy, but haven't seen anything else that works with the Pentair automation for landscape lights.

They do, and they do match the pool light colors.

I can't find the post about someone else who added a few of these lights to their landscaping, but they are really easy to add to your automation. I picked up two of these in the off season to try and tie into my landscaping, but just have not found the right place for them yet. They look just like a landscape spotlight, two wires that connect to your existing light transformer. Make sure you have enough capacity in there, according to Pentair......
The IntelliBrite Landscape lights can be installed on any existing 12V transformer as long as lighting system is not beyond 80% of the transformer output rating.

I have a junction box where my lights all tie together outside of the transformer so it was easy for me to tap into that and run my lights. When the pool lights are blue, the spotlights are blue for example. They match the output of your transformer to the pool lights and the landscape lights.

They are pricy, but haven't seen anything else that works with the Pentair automation for landscape lights.
Thank you guys for the info. Will let you know. I know some would be concerned about water, but with them being IP65 or 67 and not being in the water, he’ll above the water by 3.5 to 4 feet, I would think I would be good?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.