Pentair Intellicenter IP8 not recognizing Ethernet Cable

You can use any WiFi bridge like Vonets VAP11S as long as you can provide a suitable power source.

719c69f2-2591-4815-b433-336f5115561e.__CR1,0,552,552_PT0_SX300_V1___.png
All that can be replaced by a wireless bridge/extender. For less than $30.
Thanks fellas. What about this, TPLink EAP225, as an alternative to the Vonets? It's outdoor rated and has the POE enjector. If I can score the Pentair 544425 mentioned above from my installer I think the power will be covered. Price for the Pentair part is pricey but can't find it elsewhere. The POE enjector may also be spare as I am not sure its not included with the Pentair part. What y'all think?

The wireless bridge I use is a TP Link. My router is too so set up was really easy. With your weather getting an outdoor rated one is likely smart. Mine is a cheapo indoor. But well protected.

If you are going to use power from the IC board it has a two pin connector marked "24VDC 160mA Max" that the Pentair PoE injector uses.

It was originally designed to be used with the EnGenius EPE-1212 injector (rated 24V/1A) and EnGenius ENS202EXT bridge (rated 24V/0.6A).

The EnGenius injector pinouts were 1, 2, 3 & 6 data and 4, 5, 7 & 8 power (4 & 5 VDC+, 7 & 8 VDC-). I assume the Pentair injector is the same.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The other thing that you will find is the IC WiFi setup won't work including scanning for networks - you will have to do that on the device itself.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas. What about this, TPLink EAP225, as an alternative to the Vonets? It's outdoor rated and has the POE enjector. If I can score the Pentair 544425 mentioned above from my installer I think the power will be covered. Price for the Pentair part is pricey but can't find it elsewhere. The POE enjector may also be spare as I am not sure its not included with the Pentair part. What y'all think?
What I eventually ended up with is TPLink CPE210 in 'Client' mode. I have been able to successfully grab a connection at the pad 80up/80down pretty consistently via my laptop wired to the unit with WIFI off. Again hoping to utilize Pentair 544425 POE to get power from the board. I know just enough to be dangerous I think so I am hopeful. I think the power requirements are very similar if not exact to what you were mentioning guinness .

My IntelliCenter install finally happened yesterday. I was able to utilize the TPLink CPE210, in Client mode, in conjunction with the POE connector found in Pentair's High Power Wireless Link PoE/Ethernet Cable Bundle (Pentair 544425) to connect to my network with no issues. I also picked up a TICONN enclosure for the CPE210. The install was painless.

Reactions: guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.