May 21, 2021
Austin
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Moved from here.
Bought intellicenter item number 521907 personality kit ips5 with two actuators. There was not protocol adapter with the kit. I. Understand with the newest system there is not a need for this $500 part. However two technicians have been out and said all they have every seen is systems with adapter.

Have done all the standard beginner problem solving. But hey lay it on me, I’ll try anything at least 5 times.

Haven even hardwired to router. Intellicenter, says there is not ethernet wire connected.

1. Changed SSID. Names to not special characters or dashes or spaces, willmon2
  2. Turned off firewall
  3. Enabled 2.4 ghz. Disabled password
  4. Rebooted systems , intellicenter, router,
  5. Have verified systems working via cell phone wifi connections ,2.4 works,
  6. Have set up the indoor wireless part , outdoor , right next to antenna, 4 ft from antenna, 10 feet from antenna, with no metal near.
  7. Called Pentair, with not return call
  8. Have hired leslies pool technician, “ I have never worked on a system this new.”
  9. Hired and pd another technician $280, “ this system is so new , I need to orient my self to know where the settings are.” made pbone calls on my behalf, no help thus far.
I have not disabled the 5.Ghz. wifi’s I have two of them. I have not idea how to turn them off and leave on the 2.4 .

Last edited by a moderator:
The router has 2 LEDs around the network port. One is a Link Connected light and the other is a Link Active light that flashes. Do you get those lights when you plug the Cat5 cable in?

Show us pics of the cable plugged into the IntelliCenter and router.

Last edited:
there is no communication with router to intellicenter board. I have ehternet/ cat5 plugged directly in to the board. See the black pig tail wire I am holding? hmm what is this and where does it go?
router pic willmon.jpgintellicenter board willmon.jpg

Attachments

• router front.jpg
    router front.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 32
  • board with black pig tail .jpg
    board with black pig tail .jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 36
there is no communication with router to intellicenter board. I have ehternet/ cat5 plugged directly in to the board. See the black pig tail wire I am holding? hmm what is this and where does it go?
I see you holding the router box. What pigtail are you asking about?

I do not see a Cat5 cable plugged into the jack in the middle of the IntelliCenter board. And to the left of the jack there are labels telling you what lights you should get for a good Ethernet connection.

intellicenter board willmon.jpg

I see you holding the router box. What pigtail are you asking about?

I do not see a Cat5 cable plugged into the jack in the middle of the IntelliCenter board. And to the left of the jack there are labels telling you what lights you should get for a good Ethernet connection.

View attachment 370876

Attachments

• board with black pig tail .jpg
    board with black pig tail .jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 41
View attachment 370864View attachment 370865
I added the pic with cat5 in the ethernet plug in and holding the pig tail black wire, that has a very small pin connector on one side and an ethernet connector on the other side of it. Is this supposed to go somewhere?

I added the pic with cat5 in the ethernet plug in

Do you have any of the link LEDs around the ethernet plug in the IC board?

Is the other end of the cable connected to your router?

and holding the pig tail black wire, that has a very small pin connector on one side and an ethernet connector on the other side of it. Is this supposed to go somewhere?

That pigtail is for the wireless transceiver link you got. The ethernet connector connects to the jack in the center of the board and the smallpin connector connects to the board and provides power to the transceiver. The cat 5 from the transceiver plugs into the pigtail.

Here is a pic of extra things that may need a connection or place to make this all work. The electricians did not use these pieces. Where do they go?

That pigtail is for the wireless transceiver link you got. The ethernet connector connects to the jack in the center of the board and the smallpin connector connects to the board and provides power to the transceiver. The cat 5 from the transceiver plugs into the pigtail.

yes, hard wired, it says it can not detect ethernet cable, yes cat5 wire. I just saw post about a pig tail wire and I have that and it is not connected. stay tuned.
my old cat5 cord does not work wired from attic, used new one provided after rewiring my entire house to accommodate the short cat5 wire they provided, to try to get some sort of communication to the board. I did get communication and my app on my phone detected my pool, although I could not log in to my account. I am guessing my pool is public domain for now. The hard wire connection was only temporary (through my window). still can not connect to wifi.
still need to work on the pig tail black wire .

where exactly does the small pin part connect to the board? a slot called ether? I see one place on the board called ,ether. I attached a pic with purple circle. Is that where the small end of the pig tail goes?

Attachments

• extra pieces .jpg
    extra pieces .jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 60

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

i attached a pic of the tranceiver (on side of house in an oval housing). I just noticed a connection spot for cat5 .......it looks like which should run through conduit to the intellicenter and connect to the black pigtail that connects to the board in the center and the tiny pin connects somewhere (hoping for a post to share exactly where that pin goes. In summary, my pool install technician/electrician did not install correctly. that only took 33 days of head banging to figure out. Why can't Pentair print a diagram showing where each piece goes. Thats not hard to do. "this is what is in the box, this is where it goes." Clearly their "trained technicians", I had three of them out, are not trained to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_3259.jpg
    IMG_3259.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 47
Ok, progress. We now know the ethernet port on your board works and you can connect to your router.

The EHTR socket is to connect a Heat Pump 2 wire switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: lisawillmon
I appreciate all the help on this forum and want to make sure I p ay it forward. thus the following: This was inaccurate for my newer intellicenter. that has an ethernet connection from transceiver straight into the board. there is no Power module. after three technicians who all talked to Robbie the Pentair rep. will try to list a main post explaining for once and all.... .the new intellicenters have new connections. and PENTAIR NEEDS TO PROVIDE NEW INSTALL LITERATURE AND TRAIN TECHNICIANS ON THEIR NEW EQUIPMENT.

I appreciate all the help on this forum and want to make sure I p ay it forward. thus the following: This was inaccurate for my newer intellicenter. that has an ethernet connection from transceiver straight into the board. there is no Power module. after three technicians who all talked to Robbie the Pentair rep. will try to list a main post explaining for once and all.... .the new intellicenters have new connections. and PENTAIR NEEDS TO PROVIDE NEW INSTALL LITERATURE AND TRAIN TECHNICIANS ON THEIR NEW EQUIPMENT.
Hi. Thank you for all of the good information in this thread. I am in the same boat as you were when this thread started. One thing not clear from your final response is whether you had to connect both the ethernet kit mentioned above (you mentioned that you connected the pigtail ethernet and POE into the remote board, I get that part) but do you also have to connect the four wire black,red,yellow,green cable been the com port and that board as well? Also, does it matter what com port that you connect it to? I tried the ethernet setup like you did and (separately) the four wire connection, but haven’t tried both simultaneously yet and wasn’t sure if it was safe. Agree that the documentation is awful.

Last edited:
OK, I got it working. My findings:
1. It works without the Com wire (RS485-A) being attached. I don't know what that wire is for
2. I got it to work by connecting the POE pigtail as described in previous posts, but the reason it wasn't working for me prior is that I had plugged the auxiliary power for the pigtail into the EHTR port (thinking it said ETHR, ie. ethernet), but thanks to previous posts, I noticed that it needs to go into the 24V DC port.

Reactions: stevo777
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.