IntelliCenter WIFI

ImpalaSS

May 5, 2020
Southern Maryland
I have an IntelliCenter. I do not have the Wifi antenna. Short story why is that my builder accidently got me a IntelliTouch but then got me the IntelliCenter upgrade kit because he couldn't get a whole panel because of supply shortages. We swapped it out any everything works great but it didn't come with Wifi. He just dropped of the Wifi but it looks like they sent the wrong one. I have the High Power Wireless link kit part number 523434. I believe I need the Wifi Link Kit 523557.

Can someone steer me in the right direction on what I actually need to get my system working with Wifi?

Thanks!

@ImpalaSS

A new “High Power Wireless Link Kit,” has replaced the EnGenius WiFi Link Kit (Primary Client Bridge) (P/N 522475Z). These new link kits (523557) began shipping with newer IntelliCenter bundled kits, January 30, 2021.
The new kits have two (2) transceivers. One transceiver connects to the user’s router and the other connects to the IntelliCenter. The following is reported.

1. Connection range is significantly better.
2. Establishes a proprietary secure bridge between the two transceivers which automatically negotiates the connection.
3. Allows for auto configuration and formatting (plug and play).

Note: For any users that are experiencing Wi-Fi issues with the older wifi kit and if your unit is under warranty, contact Pentair Tech Support for assistance. The older wireless kits are “field replaceable” with the newer kits.

As per the link that @mknauss provided above, that is the replacement kit.

1626908962082.png
r.

Last edited:
The kit I have has an indoor receiver/interface and an outdoor transmitter. The kit that is more designed for the Intellicenter that Marty linked is just a transmitter that connects to you home wifi. I dont believe that the Intellicenter needs that indoor interface. Am I correct?

I have the kit that came with IntelliCenter i10PS but looks like electrician didn't wire it correctly. Can anyone direct me to how to wire high power wireless link kit properly with i10PS ?

I think I figured it out on my i10PS
  1. Connect the short black network cable that has a pigtail coming off of it to connect to the network port on the circuit boad and the 24V wifi bridge
  2. Then connect the long network cable to the other end of that pig tail and chase that cable in the low voltage channel down out the panel and plug it into the card inside the transciever unit
  3. This will provide Power of ethernet from what it looks like to power the entire unit...
  4. Note: I didn't connect any 4 wire connections on this new wifi setup that came with out i10PS
1630385315040.png

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.