Pentair Intellibright 5G Color LED Problems - Need Advice

Feb 14, 2014
Texas
Hi,

I’ve had my pool for around 4 years now. Every season it appears that my LED lights (1 in pool and 1 in the spa) get damaged to the point where the color is not right. I had warranty service through a local pool company and even escalated to Pentair. The pool company typically will swap out internal parts to correct the issue but last season I had them install new lights. I just checked my system a month ago and the main pool light is not displaying the right “white” color anymore.

Looking for advice since this cannot be the norm. Could lightening or power surges cause this? Could this be an electrical problem?

Thanks,

Gus

Hello Sandman - It's odd that you are having problems every season. You may be having an issue with power surges. This is a common issue for pool equipment and a GFCI is not always sufficient. I would recommend looking into a surge protection device. Intermatic manufactures a popular surge protector, model PS3000.

If you end up having to replace your current fixtures, I would recommend the Pureline LED fixtures. I like these fixtures because the LED bulb on the inside is replaceable. Most of the other brands require that you replace the entire fixture when the LED fails.

Kimkats,

The model number for my 5G lights are:

640122 and 601002 Both are 120v. Since installed, I’ve replaced light engines every year and even replaced the entire lights due to the problems experienced.

Excited to hear what you find from your contacts in the industry.

Hello Sandman - It's odd that you are having problems every season. You may be having an issue with power surges. This is a common issue for pool equipment and a GFCI is not always sufficient. I would recommend looking into a surge protection device. Intermatic manufactures a popular surge protector, model PS3000.

If you end up having to replace your current fixtures, I would recommend the Pureline LED fixtures. I like these fixtures because the LED bulb on the inside is replaceable. Most of the other brands require that you replace the entire fixture when the LED fails.

This is them ^^^^^ Rob is my go to guy for this kind of thing. I think he might be onto something. I will tell you that INYO will tell if there has been any problems with a product and will pull it from selling until they can fix it or it is deemed to be just a bad product and they send it back.

Kim:kim:

This is them ^^^^^ Rob is my go to guy for this kind of thing. I think he might be onto something. I will tell you that INYO will tell if there has been any problems with a product and will pull it from selling until they can fix it or it is deemed to be just a bad product and they send it back.

Kim:kim:

Thanks inyorob and kimkats.

A couple of questions about the Pure lights.

-Do they emit the same level of brightness as a pentair 5G Intellibright LED?

-Will Pentair easytouch panels and software allow me to select colors correctly?

-Is the Pure light an overall “better” product than the pentair Intellibright 5G light?

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The PureColor lights do emit the same level of brightness as the Intellibrite lights. I'll post some customer submitted pictures below of the Purecolors light.

The Easytouch panel can turn the PureColors light on and off. To select a certain color you would have to keep turning the light off and on. The last color/light show selected before the light turns off for the night, will be the first one to appear the next time the light turns on. For example, if you select blue and then turn the pool off for the night (or longer than 12 seconds), the next night the light will turn on in the blue mode.

Personally, I think the Purecolors is the same quality as the Intellibrite. The major benefit is that the bulb is replaceable.
View attachment 73349View attachment 73350View attachment 73351View attachment 73352

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.