Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Good evening, guys,

Time to use the pool and spa in TX now.

Question about my pentair spa/heater please.

Everything works perfectly under Pool mode.

When I turn to spa mode, nothing works, heater shows SERVICE SYSTEM, and there is no water flow from Jets. However, when I turn on Air-Blower, all the jets are working, and the heater starts working too.

Side note: due to TX recent weather, I just cleaned the filter, which is extremely dirty although I just cleaned last month. I wonder if the jets are blocked under Spa mode? If so, how come the air-blower works?

Thanks so much for any tips!!!

Sincerely,

Tammy

Can you show a photo of your suction valve and return valve when you have it in Pool mode and in Spa mode?
At what speed is your pump when in Spa mode?
If you pipes are not clearly marked - please point out in the photos which pipes go to/from spa and which to/from pool.

Good evening, guys,

Time to use the pool and spa in TX now.

Question about my pentair spa/heater please.

Everything works perfectly under Pool mode.

When I turn to spa mode, nothing works, heater shows SERVICE SYSTEM, and there is no water flow from Jets. However, when I turn on Air-Blower, all the jets are working, and the heater starts working too.

Side note: due to TX recent weather, I just cleaned the filter, which is extremely dirty although I just cleaned last month. I wonder if the jets are blocked under Spa mode? If so, how come the air-blower works?

Thanks so much for any tips!!!

Sincerely,

Tammy
In "pool" mode you have sufficient flow for the heater to work. "Service System" light comes on when there is not enough water flow to close the pressure switch in the heater which is happening when you switch to "Spa." The actual opening in a spa jet the water was to go through is usually about 1/4", not the 1.5" you see in a pool return. When the air blower is turned on it is somehow allowing enough water flow to close that switch. While air exits the same hole as the water into the spa, it is injected at a different spot in the jet in the wall and is possibly clearing a blockage in a jet orifice.

Reactions: Txena4
When the air blower is turned on it is somehow allowing enough water flow to close that switch. While air exits the same hole as the water into the spa, it is injected at a different spot in the jet in the wall and is possibly clearing a blockage in a jet orifice.
The blower injects air downstream of the heater, so how does the air flow increase the flowrate the heater senses? Unless as you say, it is somehow clearing a blockage at the jet but then once cleared, it should flow fine without the air blower.

That is why I asked for photos in spa mode, thinking something else is causing a blockage of flow.

Reactions: Txena4
Can you show a photo of your suction valve and return valve when you have it in Pool mode and in Spa mode?
At what speed is your pump when in Spa mode?
If you pipes are not clearly marked - please point out in the photos which pipes go to/from spa and which to/from pool.
Hi. I do apologize that I just see this msg. Thanks so much for the detailed response.
As of right now. I have not used spa yet due to super busy schedule. I truly appreciate your input and knowledge. Thinking about how much debris I cleaned from the filter, it makes perfect sense of the jets might be blocked.
I will find time to do some deep cleaning in next few weeks!

In "pool" mode you have sufficient flow for the heater to work. "Service System" light comes on when there is not enough water flow to close the pressure switch in the heater which is happening when you switch to "Spa." The actual opening in a spa jet the water was to go through is usually about 1/4", not the 1.5" you see in a pool return. When the air blower is turned on it is somehow allowing enough water flow to close that switch. While air exits the same hole as the water into the spa, it is injected at a different spot in the jet in the wall and is possibly clearing a blockage in a jet orifice.
Thank you so much!!! Sorry I just see this response. Super appreciate your help! I will clean them in next few weeks! 😀

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.