Pentair Ichlor30 replacement

In the past 3.5 years my Pentair iChlor30 has been replaced once and is no longer under warranty. It needs replacing again and my husband doesn’t want to pay the money for the same one again. Any suggestions as to what would replace this one? There must be lesser brands available. We are planning to sell our house so don’t want to put a small fortune into replacement. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your signature lists a circupool model.
A 20-30k gal unit is ideal for your location. But Bigger is always nicer to have especially with your long pool seasons.
Do you have automation?
If not you can use whichever brand swcg you like.
The circupool offerings are popular here for those on a budget or diy types.
Several people including myself have also purchased pureline swcg’s (inyo pools).
They are sold on the inyopools website & on Amazon (be sure that the seller is inyo pools)
I only have a replacement cell for my aquarite but their systems are of the same design just like the Circupool universal systems.
Other “generic” types are hit or miss in terms of longevity even taking their low cost into account.
There are several circupool models that offer higher warranties etc.

The ichlors (ic10/30) are said to have issue versus the intellichlors (ic 20/40/60). Both pentair, both abbreviated the same, but different units entirely. For your size pool and I’m Florida consider the IC40. I believe (someone correct me if i am wrong) it would be a plug and play for your ic30 but a much better model.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I don’t think the ichlor & intellichlor cells are interchangeable size wise (length)- I am also not sure they use the same controller.
Let’s ask @ajw22

Correct.

Power Center is the same, but you will need to re-plumb. I just made the same swap (ic30 to IC40). Keep an eye on whomever is plumbing this for you. I had a disaster of a job (I was away when they did it) and they had to come out again and try to fix it (this will be discussed in a new thread later).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.