Pentair iCHLOR 30 questions

da1988

Jul 16, 2021
So. Illinois
Moved from here.
I have a question about the Ichlor system as well. My dealer sold me the Ichlor 30 with the Intellichlor Power Center. They also sold me a Dynamo 1.5 hp pump (now discontinued) to run the system. I had the electrician wire the pump and the Intellichlor Power Center into a timer as it states in the wiring instructions. I plan to run the Dynamo 24/7 so there is not a time when the Ichlor system would run w/o the pump being on. However, if the pump were to fail or the breaker that is only for the pump trips, I don't see what would stop the Ichlor from continuing to run. Am I correct about that being a potential problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP.

Yes, that is a very low probability edge case risk that we all live with.

Reactions: da1988
From what I understand the ichlor could potentially explode do to build up of chlorine gas, but the flow switch would also have to get stuck? Sorry, more of a question than answer.

Welcome. BTW, if you could fill out your signature with all the stuff of your pool, it will help the experts here when you need advice. For example, I wonder why you need to run your pump 24/7, but maybe there is something peculiar to your pool that would make that make sense. ?? As an example of an informative signature, look below at mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.