Pentair IC40

Hello my flow switch light came on a few days ago. I ordered a replacement flow switch “generic type” replaced it and the flow switch still showed red. Waited a day or so and now the flow light is green and the SWG is making chlorine again. Has anyone seen this happen before?

I have a new IC40 on order “after the initial flow switch installation didn’t work”. Should I worry about the new switch or just return the IC40 when it arrives? The new SWG is rather pricey and I would like to get a refund.

Just curious if anyone has had a delay with the flow light reset after replacing the switch... And once it started working it remains trouble free?

Thanks in advance if you have an opinion or answer to my question!!

Yes backwashed and rinsed both. Tried that before I replaced the switch to confirm it was not an actual flow issue. The pump is a single speed 1hp Hayward which moves the water pretty swiftly. I had left it running on its timer for a few days with the flow switch red hoping it might be making chlorine. Treating the water with bleach during this time.. Typically i have the pump timer on for 17 hours per day with the SWG set at 40%.

The flow switch is the only thing I know of that will activate the Flow red light. So I believe your cell is fine. How old is the cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.