Pentair IC40 Questions.

Jeff,

It sounds to me like it would be just better to shut them off altogether.. In the real world I rarely get any alerts anyway.. and the handful I do get are known.. Like if I go into the Service mode, etc..

Glad to know the grass is not always greener... :poke:

Thanks,

Jim R.

MyAZPool - I am running the latest firmware, yes.

Right now I am planning on letting it ride. We'll see how long it goes. If it continues to be in the 100's each day, I will call tech support and raise it as an issue. May eventually turn them off as Jim suggests.

Jim - yeah, not sure they are worth much. The only one that I can think that I would really like to know would be something wrong with the pump and that is really only during the winter when freezing could be an issue.

Thanks guys... Appreciate your time and input on the situation.

--Jeff

Reactions: MyAZPool
Jeff,
I couldn't agree more with Jim. My experience with the IntelliCenter alerts have been that many of them (not all) are disappointing at best and I feel that most of those alerts are just a waste of my time.
Great concept but extremely poor performance!

Most of the IntelliChlor alerts I believe are based on what data that the IntelliChlor unit reports to the IntelliCenter.
IntelliChlor: Very Low Salt and Low Salt - This has always been an issue for me. Currently, I receive alerts that IntelliChlor's salt level reading is below 2650. My last salt test a week ago test using the K1766 test kit indicated a salt reading of 3800 ppm. I just now ignore whatever the IntelliCenter indicates or reports regarding salt level and trust my periodic manual testing.
IntelliChlor: Clean & Inspect Cell - I recently just checked the blades and they are "clean as a whistle". Another bogus alert!​
IntelliChlor: Cold Water Cutoff - Nope, wrong again. I receive this alert even when the pool water temperature is 66 degrees f.​
In my opinion, the K1766 type salt test kit or a reliable conductivity tester are the most reliable methods of obtaining your pool water salt content readings.

Using a reliable hand-held scientific type thermometer similar to something like I use (see below) will give the most accurate reading of pool water temperature (if you obtain the water or reading from at least 1.5 feet below the surface).
The flow/temp sensors and conductivity sensors associated with the IntelliChlor are just unreliable indicators at best of both temperature and salt content in my opinion. I wish it wasn't true because I feel that I have been ripped off when things that should work correctly and "as advertised", don't - but that just seems to be the "reality" of it.

Yes, please complain to tech support if you wish. Probably won't amount to much but it won't hurt either.
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.