Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all, went out to the pool this morning and noticed it wasn't nice and clear. Went to look at the SWG and it had no lights on.... Fun fun fun.... I've got proper voltage on the transformer output (33VAC)...a green light on the mother board... But no DC output.... I've read here that it's probably a 5 dollar part.... But I don't know which one. (I won't be soldering I'll got guys at work who really know how's to do that stuff)..... So I've enclosed a picture of the motherboard, and hopefully one of you guys can tell me where the bridge rectifier is..... Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• 16951599928411570203422243065101.jpg
    16951599928411570203422243065101.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 24
M,

There are a couple of different surge cards.. You have one from the stand alone Power Center. In your case, the rectifiers are the devices that are mounted to the heat sink..

The newer surge cards, that get mounted into the automation systems, have a bridge rectifier that is mounted to the back of the card.

Did you test for the DC voltage with the salt cell disconnected from the power center???

Thanks,

Jim R.

I just plugged it back in and checked voltage at the connector (red and black) 28.3V DC...no indication of volts at white/ green

Red fuse is good... Just realized and rechecked...I have 28VDC at the red/black connector to the IC40 unit itself.... Is the unit itself toast?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok.... Crazy question... Since my power supply is only putting out 28v... Do you think I'm crazy if I take a DC motor speed controller and wire it up, increase voltage to 40v and see if it powers the cell up?

M,

Crazy??? Probably, but I'd do it anyway..

How many amps of DC power does your controller put out?

On my system, when the cell is not making chlorine I get 40 VDC. When the cell is making chlorine, I get about 35 VDC.

I have seen other posts where the OP was getting about 28 VDC and said the cell would light up. But, I have no direct experience with running off of 28 VDC.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.