Pentair IC -30 wont stop producing chlorine.

sodfather

May 23, 2022
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
My SWG will not stop producing chlorine no matter what percentage it is at. My IntelliCenter is functioning properly along with the app. Only time it truly will stop producing chlorine it when I set it to 0 percent. Anyone ever hear of anything like this. Only 2.5 years old the cell. I have always keep it low too at 8% since I have an autocover and keep the pool spotless. Only time I crank it up to 70% is when we swim or open it during the day. I’m at a loss.

The high chlorine levels when it is on only on 8%. Also the green light stays on showing it is producing chlorine and does the spinning icon. At 8% it should only be on about 4-5 minutes an hour but it is constantly going.

If this was a new install, you should have a 3 year Pentair warranty. File a warranty claim.

Does the output show 8%?

Yes 8% the entire time and it went up that high. I’ve turned the system off and hit the breaker to cut power and tried again it still is on producing chlorine at all times except when set to 0

Odd. Not a lot of experience with that swcg on the forum.
When it is time to replace, get an intelliChlor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The iChlor is an entry level, budget SWCG from Pentair. Luckily, the same power center is used for an IntelliChlor. So when you replace, get an Intellichlor.

Turns out my cell was still very good. The problem ended up be the latest firmware update on the IntelliCenter. The update was bad and I reset back the the previous firmware version and everything is tip top again.

Reactions: jgofnj and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.