Pentair Home - SWG Setting Issue (maximum 20%)

Candurin

Jun 30, 2017
South Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I recently moved over to Pentair Home app from IC2 app. I know noticed that the app has a maximum setting of 20% on my IC40. Luckily I use PoolController instead of Pentair’s app, so I can set whatever generation percentage I want.

Anyone else seeing this issue or have a fix in the new Home app? Just curious more than anything (as I mentioned I use PoolController).

Pentair HOME is confused and thinks it is controlling a spa which has a maximum chlorination of 20%.

Show me your Pentair HOME screen.

Did you change the name of your POOL to something other then POOL?

See this thread.

You're probably have "SPA" selected, which limits SWCG production to 20%. Turn that off and turn on the "POOL" circuit.
No indication of a spa in the sig.

Reactions: pjt
Might be setup as a spa though?
The HOME app seems to get confused when POOL is named anything else. I think they coded it if not POOL then it must be a spa.

Reactions: pjt
Yeah, the app home page says “pool” but under chemistry the IC is stuck as a “spa”.

Can’t figure out how to change that…

IMG_8850.pngIMG_8849.pngIMG_8848.png

Last edited:
Report it as a bug to Pentair Support and see what they say.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have had this same issue since moving to the Home App. I didn't have much luck with Pentair support, but after seeing some of the replies here was able to resolve it. If you go out to your Pentair Control Panel(Not the app), navigate to your Body Configuration. Mine was set to Spa instead of Pool. After changing it and reloading the app, I was able to set the chlorine output to more than 20%. There may be a way to directly set this inside the app, but I couldn't find it.

Here's how I got to the correct setting on the control panel:

Settings->Advanced System Configuration->Installation Setup->Body Configuration-> Select your enabled Pool Body->Body Type

I have had this same issue since moving to the Home App. I didn't have much luck with Pentair support, but after seeing some of the replies here was able to resolve it. If you go out to your Pentair Control Panel(Not the app), navigate to your Body Configuration. Mine was set to Spa instead of Pool. After changing it and reloading the app, I was able to set the chlorine output to more than 20%. There may be a way to directly set this inside the app, but I couldn't find it.

Here's how I got to the correct setting on the control panel:

Settings->Advanced System Configuration->Installation Setup->Body Configuration-> Select your enabled Pool Body->Body Type
Fantastic first post! I never got around to calling Pentair (because life, wife, kids and work) but this fixed the problem right away! Apparently my body of water was named "Pool" but never actually set as a pool. Thanks for this!

IMG_8866.PNG

Reactions: mknauss