Pentair heater wouldn't heat to setpoint

nefarious

Silver Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
San Diego
Turned on the spa, set it to 98 and hopped in when it got to 88 last night. After 30min we noticed it wasn't getting any warmer but instead felt colder. Check the temp and the temp had dropped a few degrees.

What should I be checking first?

Filter pressure and flow are normal. I've now discovered that the temp setpoint on the EasyTouch/Screenlogic does not match what's on the heater. When I turn on the heater via screenlogic app and set the temp to 90F the following happens:
The heater turns on, shows r14 & 128, turns off then shows “8d0” (0 is flashing) and “SF1” (1 is flashing) then cycles through r14 & 128 again. The app and EasyTouch both show the same set point (90°) while the heater still shows a set point of 70° and the Pool light is lit. The heater never actually fires unless I manually adjust the set point directly on the heater control panel. I did confirm that the EasyTouch and heater water temp readings match.

When the heater is controlled by automation though the firemans switch you set the heater temperature to max. The ET does not send the set point temperature to the heater control panel. The heater is cycled and controlled by the ET to maintain the desired temperature.

N,

To control most heaters with the EasyTouch, you set the heater to on and the heater temp to full max at the heater..

The EasyTouch controls the heater via the fireman's switch.. So when you adjust the set point on the EasyTouch, if the water is colder, the ET closes the firemans switch and the heater starts up.. The ET monitors the water temp and when it gets to your set point the heater will shut off.

Is this a new set up, has the heater and EasyTouch ever worked for you?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.