Pentair GloBrite stuck in the niche

There is no extra cable coiled behind the globrite. The niche doesn't allow for it. The electrician/PB should have left slack in the junction box, but I've literally never seen it done properly. We do this though, when we replace them.

Unless you've released the wire in the jbox (and tied a line to it so you can reverse the pull once you cut the head off and splice the new light) you're not gonna get it to budge.

Reactions: mknauss
There is no extra cable coiled behind the globrite. The niche doesn't allow for it. The electrician/PB should have left slack in the junction box, but I've literally never seen it done properly. We do this though, when we replace them.

Unless you've released the wire in the jbox (and tied a line to it so you can reverse the pull once you cut the head off and splice the new light) you're not gonna get it to budge.
Thanks for the insight. Any recommendation of how to get this light out. I have disconnected the wire back at the transformer.

You should have a J Box that the line for the light comes to and connects to the line from the transformer. Those have a clamp in them to hold the line from the light to keep the pressure off the connection. Check for that.

Reactions: Dave3C
Thats the junction box mknauss is taking about. The wire from the transformer is connected to the wire from the light at that junction box. There is a clamp that holds the wire that comes from the light, its got 2 screws that go through it. make sure that clamp is loose so its not holding the light back.

You should be able to get the light to at least release from the niche lock and "jiggle" in place, even without slack. Are you saying not even this has been possible?

I have no idea how to help. However, how many globrites do you have? Have you disconnected the correct one at the jbox?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.