Pentair Globright failures

Lobowon94

Oct 28, 2023
Las Vegas, NV
I just replaced 7 failed Pentair Globright LED lights. All 7 had the same failure, a crack just above the locking tabs that secure the fixture into the niche. Despite the fact that these are very easy to replace Pentair's warrantee policy states that they must be installed by a pool professional or Certified electrician. The invoice from the installer must accompany the product registration in order for the 1 year warrantee to be valid. Also the orange sticker on the cord that indicated cord length and installation date must be installed. However the selection of year installed does not include a choice for 2023.

The exact failure on all of these lights is a sure indication of a manufacturing defect. Is there a class action suite on these lights yet?

Attachments

• IMG_5452.jpeg
    IMG_5452.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5470.jpeg
    IMG_5470.jpeg
    534.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5477.jpeg
    IMG_5477.jpeg
    639.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5479.jpeg
    IMG_5479.jpeg
    537.6 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to the forum!
Normal failure. Though I suspect it is from water intrusion at the lenses seam that then impacts the internals, swelling them, and that is what causes the crack you see. 3 years life is all that can be expected.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Welcome to TFP.

The exact failure on all of these lights is a sure indication of a manufacturing defect. Is there a class action suite on these lights yet?

Nope. You can start one if your find an attorney to take on that crusade and see how far you get.

Pentair makes an adapter to be able to use the newer Microbrite light in the Globrite niche. I would highly suggest this, because nothing has changed with the Globrite. The Microbrite cools itself throught the lens vs. using water around the body of the light, so they seem to have better longevity.

There are also a couple third part manufacturers who are making adapters for their own lights as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.