Pentair flow light.

I went to the Pentair web site and read the brochure on the iChlor30 which is suppose to be for pools up to 30,000 gal. You can compare the iChlor to the Intellichlor. If I'm correct, the Intellichlor is manually controlled whereas the iChlor has what they call Smart Technology that monitors various functions and can interface with other automation systems and control it from an Apple watch or Amazon Echo. I also read reviews and determined that I would stay with my Intellichlor.

I went to the Pentair web site and read the brochure on the iChlor30 which is suppose to be for pools up to 30,000 gal. You can compare the iChlor to the Intellichlor. If I'm correct, the Intellichlor is manually controlled whereas the iChlor has what they call Smart Technology that monitors various functions and can interface with other automation systems and control it from an Apple watch or Amazon Echo. I also read reviews and determined that I would stay with my Intellichlor.
Hi KENTREK
Thanks.
Yep, I gotcha. The SmartSense™ Flow Detection technology that they refer to is just a feature that allows a Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump to be connected directly to the iChlor Power Center via the RS-485 cable that will monitor the status (On or Off) of the pump and prevent the iChlor from generating chlorine unless the pump is on and running.

The IntelliChlor models will also integrate with Pentair automation systems and yes I can control my IC-60 (adjust chlorine output percentage and super chlorinate) via my iPhone and my Amazon Alexa in addition to my desktop. You can do that with any of the Pentair automation systems.

Seeing that you have a 40k gallon pool. My recommendation for you would be an IntelliChlor IC-60.. Being that you are in the NW, you should be okay with an IC-40. Like I said earlier, TFP typically recommends a SWG rated for two times the size of you pool (i.e 20k gal pool = IC-40) Your SWG will work less and last longer.

Thanks much and take care...
r..

At this point I am now reading 0 salt on my Easy Touch and the cell still has a low flow issue. Any thoughts? New cell or bigger problems like bad power supply or motherboard. It's been working alright for the last several days.

rm,

So what does the flow feel like coming back to the pool returns?

If the cell is old, and not producing chlorine, then adding extra salt can often help it last through the season.. It will not fix a flow problem, and of course, low flow will prevent the cell from working at all.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have same issue with my IC40 that is on its 3rd season. Seems like a lot of people with seasonal pools are having Sam issue after 3-4 years.

I store mine outside in the shed, maybe we need to store them in a conditioned space?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.