Pentair Easytouch shows "NO COMM" cannot communicate with Intelliflo VSF

gus1299

Jun 22, 2021
Nevada
Hi, earlier today I had my pool running when all of the sudden it stopped. I attempted to turn it on with the ScreenLogic app and nothing happened. I went outside to check my EasyTouch unit and the pump status was "NO COMM" (instead of active or inactive). The panel on my IntelliFlo pump shows "Display not Active" (from what I've read this is intended behavior) when EasyTouch is on "Auto" (not service)

I've attempted to reset both the EasyTouch system and the IntelliFlo VSF pump (in service mode) without any success.

I don't really know what to do. I've tried looking this up and found a few threads from this forum that don't get much further past my initial problem (NO COMM)

Any help is appreciated

Gus,

If you can use your ScreenLogic and do things like turn on a light and physically see that the light comes on, then your com bus is working..

This means the problem has to be the pump or the cable.. We have seen these cables corrode right at the connection to the pump, so I would look there. I'd also make sure nothing ate the cable and that you have a good solid connections at the EasyTouch end of the cable.

Do you have a SWCG (saltwater pool)?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Gus,

If you can use your ScreenLogic and do things like turn on a light and physically see that the light comes on, then your com bus is working..

This means the problem has to be the pump or the cable.. We have seen these cables corrode right at the connection to the pump, so I would look there. I'd also make sure nothing ate the cable and that you have a good solid connections at the EasyTouch end of the cable.

Do you have a SWCG (saltwater pool)?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you for taking time out of your day, but after calling the Pentair support number I realize my pump configuration got messed up. It was set to a VF pump rather than a VSF pump and I'm not quite sure why it was changed, but the issue has been fixed.

Sorry for posting about such a simple issue 😅

Gus,

Thanks for the feedback,

Not sure how your pump config could get messed up... on its own... :scratch:

I suspect that it "suddenly" quit working right after you did something.. :poke:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.