Nov 29, 2022
TX
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
OK I am at a loss for how to program my pool equipment and was wondering if anyone had any good resources:

1. Control Panel - Pentair Easy Touch
2. Filter Pump - Pentair Whisperflo VST
3. Cleaner Pump - Polaris PB4-60
4. SWG - Pentair IntelliChlor

In general it is wired for power as follows:
1. Filter Pump is wired to the Line side of the Filter Pump Relay - this is so the filter pump has power regardless of the relay being active. This allows me to manually control the pump from its control panel and this is how I have been running the system. I have programmed the 1 / 2 / 3 settings and then also by manually pressing the speed up and down buttons directly on the pump interface.
2. Cleaner Pump is wired to the load side of the Aux 1 Relay - when I want to use the cleaner pump I manually push the button on the control panel the closes the relay and starts the pump. NOTE - when I run the cleaner pump I have to increase the speed of the filter pump to maintain flow through the SWG
3. SWG is wired to the load side of the Filter Pump Relay - to use the SWG I have to manually push the button on the control panel to close the relay and give power to the SWG. The 20% runtime of the SWG has been set manually by the buttons on the SWG cell unit.
4. Heater is also wired to the load side of the Filter Pump Relay - manually run heater and adjust valves when needed. NOTE - speed of filter pumps needs increased when using heater.

In general controls are wired as follows:
1. Filter Pump - RS-485 COM wire is wired from the the WhipserFlo VST and the Green Wire to Green Pin (Hole 2) and Yellow Wire to Yellow Pin (Hole 3) on the control board COM Port. Reference "EXTERNAL CONTROL VIA RS-485" on page 5 of WhipserFlo VST Pump Manual.
2. SWG - RS-485 COM Wire is wired from the IntelliChlor SWG Power Center four pine screw terminal to the four pins on the com port on the Control System. I know the SWG is wired correctly as it tells the the status is OK and the Salt PPM on the control panel

Questions: What I do not really understand is how do I program the following so the EasyTouch runs everything in stead of it bein all manual adjustments:

1. How do I program the system to control the speed of the pump so it runs at 1500 RPM all of the time unless it needs to increase speed.
2. How do I program the system to turn on the cleaner pump, turn up speed of filter pump to 1950 RPM, run for 3 hours in this state, turn off the cleaner pump, and slow filter pump back down to 1500 all at a certain time of the day.
3. How do I temporarily override the filter pump speed to 1950 RPM when I am using the heater and prevent other functions from overriding (cleaner / lower speeds) this speed. If the SWG is running and the heater is in use there is not enough flow at 1500 RPM.
4. How do I make sure the SWG only runs when the filter pump is running? I know it has the flow switch, but would like some additional protection from the control system if the pump fails.

If additional pictures or information will help please let me know.
TIA

Do you have the ET manual? If not, you can get it here.

Look at the Settings, especially Circuits, and Schedules. You can do exactly what you want, but you will have to learn to read Pentarian, an obscure variant of English.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.