Pentair EasyTouch not rotating valves

nefarious

Silver Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
San Diego
I need some expert help. I turned on our spa using the Screenlogic app (only control we have other than the buttons on the actual easytouch panel) and the valves stopped rotating midway and now my spa has drained into the pool. I've checked the breakers for the valves (and all other breakers) and everything is in order. I'm not sure what I should check or how to get the valves to move. I've had similar issues in the past; the exact same problem happened once last spring and then a few months ago the valves didn't move at all when I fired up the Spa.

Did you check the breakers in the panel? Sounds like you lost the 24V to the actuators.

n,

The valves move when 24 VAC is sent from the EasyTouch to the valve. If sent on one wire, it will move the valve all the way one way, and when sent on the other wire, the valve will move 180 degrees the other way.

If the valve quit working, either the valve or wiring is bad, or the EasyTouch is not sending the voltage to the valve.

The first thing to do is move the little toggle switch on the valve from one side to the other.. The switch has an on/off/on switch.. In operation the switch should always be in one of the two on positions. Moving the switch from one on to the other on will cause the valve to move 180 degrees..

If both the Intake and Return valves stopped, it is unlikely to be the valve itself as I don't see both valves going bad at the same time.

I suggest you put the system back into the pool mode and watch what happens to both valves.. The put it in the Spa mode and watch what the valves do...

Please let us know what the each valve does when in the pool mode and then the Spa mode... You can also try moving the toggle switch on each valve and tell us what happens in each case.

Do you have a voltmeter???

Thanks,

Jim R.

I had the exact same problem you are having. After extensive trial & error, I finally figured out the problem was the pressure switchs on the actuator. They have two for each one. You can order online for a little of nothing and replace yourself. Sorry I don’t have a part number or where I ordered, but I think it was through Amazon. Ever since I replaced, have not had another issue. Just completed my second pool at a new house, will be interesting how long my new actuators last.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.