Pentair Easytouch Light Issues (wrong color and sometimes fails to turn on)

Jun 5, 2017
Sacramento, Ca
Im having a little bit of some strange issues with my Pentair Easytouch light controls and the multi color led's. It seems like what the controller thinks should be White light is green, so if i try to sync all 3 of the lights to white, one will be green or something.

Is there a way to reset these so that its the correct color? I've also had a couple times where i turn on the lights with my phone and one light wont turn on. Hopefully there's an easily replaceable part if need be.

So you’re lights are the 2” round nicheless lights? Likely Globrite? You have each light set up to a separate relay. Do you have a separate transformer for each light?

Transformers would be outside of the Easytouch.

images

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interesting. So normally, using three relays, you would have one transformer per light. But we do not know the exact type of lights. Either only one of the lights is 12v, and the other two are 120v, or someone messed this up.

I assume it has worked in the past.

Is it only one of the lights that is off sync?

Interesting. So normally, using three relays, you would have one transformer per light. But we do not know the exact type of lights. Either only one of the lights is 12v, and the other two are 120v, or someone messed this up.

I assume it has worked in the past.

Is it only one of the lights that is off sync?
Yes, they have worked perfect in the past (pool was installed late in 2016), these issues seem to have crept up this year.

I'll play with it this evening once it gets dark and see how its acting. I did run a "color set" through the app. maybe that will help.

The light that is powered through the transformer is likely a Globrite. They have a short life span. So if it has worked since 2016, you win a prize. Most die right at 3 years.

The light that is powered through the transformer is likely a Globrite. They have a short life span. So if it has worked since 2016, you win a prize. Most die right at 3 years.
I kept all the paperwork from the build, i'll see if i can find what was used.

i thought it would be more like these

Globrite on second photo. See if that is the one having problems.
So if I turn them all on and click red, they all sync red
If I set them all to blue, the spa and shelf are blue and the deep end is off
If I set them to white, the shelf is white, spa looks mult colored 16820414685114138175056114823565.jpg, deep end is red
Setting it to green, the shelf and spa are green and the deep end is off
Setting them to purple, spa and shelf is purple and deep end is red

I tried just turning on the deep end and when I select a color it turns all of them on.

Well, not sure where to go from here. I suspect some of the bulbs are on the blink, but hard to say. The ET just turns them on and off to set the color. There is no fancy programming or software. Very basic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.