85MB

Oct 21, 2022
Hilton Head Island,SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My Pentair Easytouch controls functions on my pool and built-in spa at a vacation rental house. When my guest presses the spa-side "spa" button to commence heating the spa, can I use the egg timer function to revert the system back into pool mode after a certain amount of time? Say, like after an hour? Otherwise, the system will stay in spa mode, right?

The egg timer shuts circuits off that you manually turn on after x amount of time.

When you push the button on your spa side remote it has to activate some circuit. In your case I am not sure what circuit that would be?

When you push the spa button on the remote, does it just turn on the heater, or does it change the system from the Pool mode to the Spa mod and turn on the heater?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for replying Jim. When the SPA button is pressed the Pentair activates valves and directs water from the filter pump into the spa rather than the pool. It also activates the pre-selected heat source (HP vs Furnace) to heat the spa. Then there is a second spa-side button to activate the jet pump once the spa is up to temperature (usually).

Since it sounds like the spa side remote is activating the spa circuit, then if you set the Spa Circuit's egg timer to x hours it will then turn off the Spa mode in x hours.

The 'Spa' egg timer starts when the button puts the system into the Spa mode.. How long will it take to heat the spa and how do you know how long the guests want to use the spa?

I'm not sure it will go back to the Pool Mode unless the pool is scheduled to be on. Something you'd have to test. My guess is, if the Pool Mode is not scheduled to be on, then turning off the Spa would not turn on the Pool mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.