Pentair Easy Touch + Screen Logic - cannot clear System Alert

Ponymask

Nov 20, 2022
Montgomery Texas
On the Screen Logic app, System alert shows “pool solar temp sensor”. I have replaced this sensor. On the Easy Touch panel, I can see the (correct) temp readings from all 3 sensors (Air, Water, and Solar).
But the Screen Logic app (on my iPhone) shows no temperature readings. And it will not allow any comms (start pump, turn on spa heat, etc). All of these functioned properly prior to the solar sensor alert.
In addition to replacing the sensors, I have:
re-set the panel (via the reset function on the panel menu);
Power cycled the panel;
Reset the screen logic interface protocol adapter (including disconnecting/reconnecting the ethernet cable;
Deleted and reinstalled the Screen Logic app on my phone;

Don’t know what else to try. Open to any suggestions.
Thanks in advance!
Jim

Jim,

I suspect that you have lost your RS-485 com port and that the solar issue is just a result of the failed com port rather than the other way around.

The problem with the RS-485 com port is that if any of the devices on the port goes bad, it can make the whole com port not work at all.

With the system in AUTO, go look at your IntelliFlo pump and tell me if the Display shows "Display not Active". I'll bet it does not..

To troubleshoot the problem, you need to disconnect everything from the J20 com port except the pump (Assumes you have an IntelliFlo). Then with just the pump connected to J20, go look at the pump and see if it says, "Display not Active". If it does, that means that one of your other RS-485 connections is loading down the bus. Note that you can't be in the Service mode to do this test..

The two most likely parts to fail are the ScreenLogic transceiver (Antenna) or the Main EasyTouch board.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.