Pentair Easy Touch II wireless Remote help

Mr T

Apr 12, 2014
Florida
Lost connection to my 4 button wireless remote. Tried to push the reset button on transmitter but nothing happens, no 3 blinking lights to reset remote. Wires seem to be conected ok on bot ends???

Are you talking about a Quick Touch 2 remote? (is the remote white with 4 on and 4 off buttons?) There's a button on the outdoor transceiver card to let you pair it (that's supposed to flash an led 3 times).

Yes that is the one I have. When I push the reset button nothing happpens. I disconnected the terminal wires and plugged it back into the transceiver. The light below the reset light blinked 3 times and went off. Pushing the reset button does nothing.

Cool. So you only get the 3 led flashes when you power the unit up... never when you hit the reset button.

the instructions for setting up the QuickTouch II remote are:
1. Open receiver case.
2. Press the White Receiver button (shown below).
3. An LED on the QuickTouch II receiver will flash three (3) times (once the
Receiver button is pressed, you have 60 seconds to connect the QuickTouch
II remote to the receiver).
4. Hold down button four (4) and button eight (8) simultaneously.
5. The QuickTouch II remote can now communicate with the receiver. Check all
of the remote buttons to make sure they operate correctly.

I'm not sure if your card is broken or if the button is bad (these buttons do fail). So instead of pressing the white receiver button and doing step 4 above... can you unplug the terminal block (don't unscrew any wires), plug it back in, see the led flash 3 times, and within 60 seconds do step 4 above?

Tom

When I unplug the terminal block as you instructed & plug it back in the LED on the top left (the one that is suppose to blink 3 times to reset does nothing) however these is another LED just below it. When I plugged the terminal back in that one blinks 5 times then stops. tried to reset the receiver but that did nothing.......Cant find any instructions that says what this LED is for.

Ok, I don't have one of the Quick Touch 2 receiver boards to look at (I've only got the Quick Touch 1), but after looking at the manual, I think the two leds are "power" and "rs-485"

The 485 led is supposed to light up when a command is received - i.e. a button is pressed on the remote. Which of course you can't test if it won't pair. I'm not sure if the 485 led also lights up when you press an aux button on the outdoor board.

Either your card is bad, the cabling is bad, or the comms isn't working on your outdoor board.
- You can rule out a cabling problem by testing continuity of the wires with a multimeter (shut the power off first).
- To rule out the outdoor board's comms you have to see if anything else works on the comm port. Do you have anything else that uses the comm port (like a pump)? If so, shut your pool down and connect just one thing at a time to see if anything works.
- I might also test the button just to make sure it hasn't failed... you can also do this with the continuity setting on a multimeter

OK thanks, I'll try your suggestions, also I took the transmitter to the easytouch control box & plugged it in to the com port. It did the same thing it did when I unplugged it at the other end. (where the transmitter was mounted).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.