Pentair Easy Touch Clock Problem

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Hello. I have a Pentair Easy Touch system that is having issues with the clock. Basically, it will not advance the time from the time I set it. It just stays at that time. I have tried setting it numerous times and shut down power at the breaker. Interestingly, the clock did seem to advance when the power was off and I restart it. But they it will not advance once turned on again. As a result, it will not follow any schedules. I have searched this forum for other people having the same issue and there were two threads, but neither had a resolution before the threads were closed. Really hoping for some direction. The system is about 10 years old but I’d like to be able to salvage it.

Try replacing the battery on the board.

Any other ideas on what may solve this? For some added context, when the power is cut to the system, the clock keeps time. When power is restored, it stalls again at whatever time the power came on. That’s the only way I’ve seen the clock advance since this started a couple weeks ago. I’ve also noticed that when I hit the mode button to go from Auto to Manual, the pump and other accessories shut off, like it should in manual mode, but the display continues to say it is in Auto. Hit the button again and it behaves as it would it Time Out mode. Hit the button once more, which would restore it to Auto, and the system comes back into Auto mode. But the display never changes throughout the sequence. Hope this helps generate some additional ideas.

-Chad

Hey Chad what firmware version is your board running? you can find it if you go to Menu > Diagnostics > Software Rev.

hmm, i forgot the latest firmware file on pentair's site doesn't have the release notes... without the latest firmware, the intellitouch can't set dates past 2020 so i was trying to see if the easytouch had a similar problem

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As an update, but not necessarily a solution, the clock has suddenly begun advancing again today and, hence, the pool is following the schedule. I noticed a few days ago that the time had changed by 2 minutes so I was intrigued. The. Today it showed a time several hours later that the time it was stuck in and was advancing by the minute… as a clock should. I’ve done nothing to it, so the (temporary?) fix is totally random. I will report back when/if it locks on a time again so others who experience the same can benefit. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and comments on the troubleshooting thus far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.