Pentair Easy Touch, 2 of 4 LED lights not working

Jug831

Jul 7, 2013
I have a Pentair Easy Touch with 4 LED lights in pool. At the same time 2 of the 4 lights are not coming on with the other 2 lights. I have to assume a relay has gone bad or similar in the Easy Touch which would cause this rather than both lights going out at the same time. Could this be the case or should I begin troubleshooting elsewhere? Thank you.

Jug,

It really depends on how your system is wired.. Are all 4 lights on the same Aux circuit? The real question is.. do you have 1, 2 or 4 Aux circuits for your lights?

If you have one Aux circuit for your pool lights and another Aux circuit for your spa lights, and both pool lights, or both spa lights, are out, then it does sound like it could be an Aux relay failure. It could also be other things, but I would start with the relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you, yes there is just one aux button to activate all four lights. I have yet to take the cover off the control panel, will try to get out there today and see how it is wired up.

Jug,

If all 4 lights are on one relay, it is doubtful that the relay is bad.. If these are low voltage lights and you have a transformer, then the EasyTouch just supplies 120 VAC to the transformer and the transformer supplies about 12 volts to a junction box where the lights are tied together..

You could also have 120 VAC lights, in which case the cables from each light would most likely come back inside the EasyTouch.

Show us a pic of the Aux relay that is controlling the lights.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well, I finally went out and played around for a bit, and unfortunately I have to believe that 2 of the 4 lights went out at the same time given the wiring. Confirmed EasyTouch relay is working as expected and all lights are wired to a single relay. Also confirmed all 4 lights are wired to a single transformer. As 2 of the 4 lights are ok, that would seem to tell me the relay and also the transformer are doing what they should.

Next question.....what lights I have are 4 of these NextStep lights. Best I can tell, the name changed to Melody and is now maybe a part of Jandy.

Recommendations or hints/tips on decent replacement and perhaps something brighter than these original lights circa 2012?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 3F0843C1-3147-48A6-8EF8-45F5C6F9A94F.jpeg
    3F0843C1-3147-48A6-8EF8-45F5C6F9A94F.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 4
Next question.....what lights I have are 4 of these NextStep lights. Best I can tell, the name changed to Melody and is now maybe a part of Jandy.

Recommendations or hints/tips on decent replacement and perhaps something brighter than these original lights circa 2012?

Probably Inno Pools is your best bet, but thread below discusses Melody llights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.