Pentair East Touch 4 help

Dec 17, 2018
Central Texas
Need some help figuring out the relays to energize perimeter lighting. I had one relay unused and decided to automate the lights. I brought power into the line side and out through the load side. Just can’t make it work. I have attached a couple of pics, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark C.

Attachments

• F9C64DA7-32C0-4D33-8E61-463A4C0C6DF1.jpeg
    F9C64DA7-32C0-4D33-8E61-463A4C0C6DF1.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 9
  • EFF1808A-138A-4821-8840-34E5E518A9E6.jpeg
    EFF1808A-138A-4821-8840-34E5E518A9E6.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 9
  • E9976F8E-EDE3-46A6-87E8-D75D26AA811E.jpeg
    E9976F8E-EDE3-46A6-87E8-D75D26AA811E.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 10
Mark,

I don't see anything obviously wrong with your wiring.

Please tell me which relay you are using for your perimeter lighting...

The first relay is the Pump/Filter relay... It could just be the pics, but it appears you are routing the power to your IntelliFlo through this relay. If so, this is not correct. The IntelliFlo pump should get constant power..

Is your Cleaner run by the IntelliFlo or by the WhisperFlo?

Do you have a pool light? If so, is it controlled by Aux 2

The more you tell us, the better answer you will get.

If you put "Mark" at the beginning of your signature everyone can address you by your real name and not your screen-name.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for your fast reply Jim. Signature is updated. The cleaner is run by the WhisperFlo. The lights are wired to the relay on the right. Didn’t have red wire oR red tape handy. I do have a pool light on Aux 2. Looks like the fountain is on Aux 3

Mark,

So what does not work? Do you hear the relay click when you push the Aux 3 button but lights do not light? If the relay clicks, then the problem is that you do not have 120 volts coming in or it is not connected correctly going to the light. It could be the relay, but I really doubt it if it clicks..

Show us some pics where you wired the lights at the fountain end and where you found the 120 volts going to the line side of Aux 3. Do you have the neutral run back to the EasyTouch? Or are you just interrupting the power going to the perimeter lighting?

Why is it called "Fountain"??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’m just interrupting power for the Volt low voltage lighting and wanting to control through EasyTouch and ScreenLogic. Thr fountain is three in pool fountains and the automatic valve is controlled with aux 3. I was looking and I think two circuits (pump high & pump low) are run off of the first relay. I think the only difference is it changes the pump rpm but still uses two circuits. The next one is the in-floor cleaner which is the WhisperFlo. The next one is the pool light and the fourth is the fountain valve. Four circuits but only using 3 relays. Please let me know if I’m looking at this wrong.

Mark,

You have an IntelliFlo pump.. It should be controlled by a serial cable that plugs into the side of the pump.. It does not use any relays It has the ability to have many speeds, not just high and low. Here is a ScreenLogic picture of my pump setup screen... You can use Feature circuits to control your pump speeds.

full

If you are using Aux 3 to turn a Jandy valve on/off to control the water going to the fountain that is fine.. But it does not free up the relay.. The relay will only close if you turn the fountain on

Whoever set up your EasyTouch did not do you any favors.. Since you have ScreenLogic, you can control the fountain Valve with a Feature Circuit and then Aux 3 would be available to use for the landscape lighting.

If you have ScreenLogic on a PC take a screenshot of this page and post it here...

full

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thanks Jim,

We are having our Sunday family meal and I will get you the info as soon as I can. I don’t have SL on my computer but will have shortly. Thanks so much for your help! As soon as I get a chance, I will update. Once again, thanks so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.