Pentair CVA 24 leaking—assuming need to replace the 3 o rings

Hwynboy

May 24, 2023
Houston Texas
This is about 6 year old and it’s leaking when going to spillover mode. I’m assuming it’s just the o rings, but want to be sure I buy the right ones. Anyone have a link to Amazon, or a part number to cross reference? Too many options and want to be sure this is a one and done fix.

Attachments

• ADC9195D-44ED-4BEE-A6E6-162D1269DF30.jpeg
    ADC9195D-44ED-4BEE-A6E6-162D1269DF30.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 13
The valve should be marked for brand. Size is based on inlets. Repair kits are available from Inyopools, etc.

This is about 6 year old and it’s leaking when going to spillover mode. I’m assuming it’s just the o rings, but want to be sure I buy the right ones. Anyone have a link to Amazon, or a part number to cross reference? Too many options and want to be sure this is a one and done fix.
Jandy valve with Compool (now Pentair) actuator. Two stem and one lid O ring. Most likely the stem O rings are the leak. Replace them all.

Reactions: mknauss
image.jpg

Just look them up on Professor Foam O-ring Depot. You also will want to make sure to get the split ring spacer that goes between the two shaft o-rings. Many people leave that out and wonder why their valve doesn’t work right …

View attachment 495947

Just look them up on Professor Foam O-ring Depot. You also will want to make sure to get the split ring spacer that goes between the two shaft o-rings. Many people leave that out and wonder why their valve doesn’t work right …
I used the same spacer that was there…hope that was ok. So,far works like a champ, no more leaks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used the same spacer that was there…hope that was ok. So,far works like a champ, no more leaks.

I only included the spacer ring details in case it was damaged or missing. I’ve seen situations where previous fixes did not install them and it defeats the purpose of having a dual o-ring seal.

These valves really are easy to rebuild. Sometimes the actual diverter needs to be replaced but, even then, it’s a $50 part and way easier than installing a new valve.

Oh, and don’t ever trash the CVA, they can be rebuilt too. Old tech, but way more reliable than the IntelliValves that Pentair is pushing. I have two spares and enough parts to completely rebuild them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.