Pentair Aqua-Lumin II Replacement Nicheless Light Fixture

Jun 29, 2018
Dallas
Hello All!

This is my first post and I am looking forward to many more. I am a long time reader since we bought a home approximately 2 years ago with a pool. I've utlilized the SLAM calculators and much of the information that is here. Thank you!

But, I have a new problem which I could not find any strong recommendations for on the site. I have (2) Pentair Aqua-Lumin II Light Fixtures. One is located in the deep end, the other is in the shallow end. I had an electrician come out and make sure that all of my wiring was safe, that the circuit was protected, and that we were good to install new light bulbs and gaskets. The pool company came out today and let me know while replacing the bulbs that one of the fixtures were broken and that I would need to purchase a new fixture.

So my first thought is that I would just buy a replacement. I found a replacement online for a Aqualumin III that costs $260.00. That is find, but in 2018 I would much rather have a LED option. I checked the Pentair website and they do not have any nicheless LED replacements for the Pentair Aqua Lumin Series.

The second option I found was a "Off-Brand" replacement from Pool Baron - But it seems to be a Direct Replacement. Anyone have any experience with this brand of lights?

Thirdly, Does anyone else have any recommendations on replacing these lights short of cutting into my pool wall to install a niche?

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.