pentair - adding a wireless remote

shawngates

Jul 9, 2020
SoCal
Hello,

I was thinking of adding a wireless remote (instead of using the smartphone which can get wet with pool water). Has anyone added something like this themselves?: Amazon.com: Pentair 520691 4 Auxiliary Wireless Remote Control Replacement EasyTouch Pool and Spa Automatic Control Systems: Garden & Outdoor

I have the wireless setup that looks exactly like this: #522620 (522620 - ScreenLogic2 Wireless Transceiver Kit - Pentair). Would this be a simple plug-n-play DIY thing? seems there are many different slight model # in the wireless remote. I only need 4 button. Thanks.

The Amazon product you linked to is only the hand-held remote. You will also need a transceiver for the remote, which is not the same as the one you're using now with ScreenLogic. So you would need this kit:
For about the same price, you might as well get the 8-button version.
It's an easy DIY job. The hardest part is physically jamming another set of wires into the ET's com port.

Note the hand-held remote is water resistant, but not fully waterproof. You can splash on it, but don't drop it in the pool.

Reactions: shawngates
Shawn,

The ScreenLogic Transceivers only work with ScreenLogic.. They will not work with any Pentair remotes.

You can also add a Pentair remote, but it would need its own antenna at the EasyTouch.

I suspect that you already have a boat load of old cell phones that you can use as a WiFi controller for ScreenLogic.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: shawngates
Shawn,

The ScreenLogic Transceivers only work with ScreenLogic.. They will not work with any Pentair remotes.

You can also add a Pentair remote, but it would need its own antenna at the EasyTouch.

I suspect that you already have a boat load of old cell phones that you can use as a WiFi controller for ScreenLogic.

Thanks,

Jim R.

yeah - I think i'll just buy an otterbox for an old iPhone 6s - was hoping it was the same transceiver!

I picked up a refurbished Ipad Mini off Amazon and a waterproof case that I use for my "pool remote". I have my Intellicenter app on it, as well as my Pool Math app so its dedicated for pool use. Cost a lot less than the Pentair remote kit, is easier to install, and actually is much more useful. Have my home control apps on it as well so we can control music, lighting, smart devices, etc. from one location. If it drops in the pool, the case protects it (rated at xx feet, can't recall exactly, but my pool isn't that deep). Just a shot of it on my first day of testing with my new testing supplies.

IMG_5211.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.