Pentair 98209800 High Flow Manual Relief Valve Barb Outlet Size

Scoop

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2012
Dallas, TX
I have a Pentair Fiber Tank 180007 (36 Sq Ft) that I had installed last July to replace a leaking 35-Yr old Nautilus Stainless Steel Tank.

The Pentair Tank is running great but I have a question about the 98209800 High Flow Manual Relief Valve Barb Outlet where one can install an extension Tubing to route the water away from the area of the tank.

I've looked for a spec that states the I.D. size for this Barb Outlet on the Valve assembly but I haven't been able to locate this information.

I tried to install a section of Vinyl Tubing size 5/8" ID X 7/8" OD and the tubing was a litle too small to fit into the Barb outlet so I softened up the end of the Vinyl Tubing with my Heat Gun & that worked ok. I installed it onto the Barb Outlet with a Hose Clamp. I use this Vinyl Tubing (about 12 Ft) to route the outlet water into my Skimmer when I open the Relief Valve.

I'm guessing that the actual ID size of the Barb Outlet is either 3/4" or 7/8" ID.

Does anyone know the size of this Barb Outlet on the Valve Assembly?

Attachments

• Valve.JPG
    Valve.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 2

3/4” id x 1” od tube fits perfectly

b6ac2ef4-8a8a-48cc-87e8-bf8ba41b9a96-jpeg.144834

Reactions: Scoop and JamesW
Thanks (y) . I installed a hand-tite 7/8" OD Compression Fitting close to the Valve outlet so I can disconnect the long tubing length when I have to remove the Tank Top for Filter Maint. I'll keep the 5/8" ID Tubing connected since I already had it working with the Heat Gun to expand it a little bit.

Fitting.JPG

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.