Pentair 320 trichlor screen stuck

Jun 11, 2010
I have Pentair 320 and it’s been a while since I cleaned the screen which sits at the bottom of the tube which holds the tabs. I went to pull it out with a pair of long bbq tongs as I have done in the past and it won’t budge. There is a ton of gunk built up at the bottom and I think it’s built up around the screen making it difficult to remove. Anyone have any advice on how to “unstick” the screen without taking the whole thing apart?

I have Pentair 320 and it’s been a while since I cleaned the screen which sits at the bottom of the tube which holds the tabs. I went to pull it out with a pair of long bbq tongs as I have done in the past and it won’t budge. There is a ton of gunk built up at the bottom and I think it’s built up around the screen making it difficult to remove. Anyone have any advice on how to “unstick” the screen without taking the whole thing apart?
Best advice is to not use it and put a floating tab feeder in the pool.

Reactions: DavidArmenB
Thanks I have stopped using it and planning on just using the chlorinator while away on vacation etc. follow up question though… should I leave the valve open or closed if it’s not being used? I assume in winter freezes I would leave it wide open? But maybe in summer can just leave it closed.

Thanks I have stopped using it and planning on just using the chlorinator while away on vacation etc. follow up question though… should I leave the valve open or closed if it’s not being used? I assume in winter freezes I would leave it wide open? But maybe in summer can just leave it closed.
Unless you are worried about a freeze, it shouldn't matter. Removal and use of a floating feeder would be better as some chlorine will be added 24/7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.