Sastewie

Mar 12, 2022
Colleyville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello! We are getting close to getting our plastered installed. I picked out ocean blue for the plaster color, which is an upgraded color. My pm said that ALL upgraded colors with pebbletec are backordered with no delivery date in site. So trying to find a back up color. In searching this thread for ideas I read somewhere that these fade anyway. We do have a fairly shaded yard so about half of the pool will have shade at all times. My question is, has anyone else experienced having these on back order? And would blue granite be comparable? Or blue surf... Going for dark but don't want to miss swim season waiting for it.

Having just gone through all this, though not with any backorder, and having visited pools the PB finished so we could see in person beforehand, with shade, we found there is little to no color other than the shaded water. Just something to consider. Luckily, we are full sun and Tahoe Blue looks as pictured and imagined, but in a home with fence and neighbor house shade, we hated it.

Having just gone through all this, though not with any backorder, and having visited pools the PB finished so we could see in person beforehand, with shade, we found there is little to no color other than the shaded water. Just something to consider. Luckily, we are full sun and Tahoe Blue looks as pictured and imagined, but in a home with fence and neighbor house shade, we hated it.
Thank you. I just posted the question again as I didn't see this response.

We are going through the exact same thing and it’s so frustrating. So we picked prism blue pebble sheen in December and it’s still not in with no eta date. The only colors available we don’t really like at all and nothing is similar to what we picked. This is all we are waiting for to be able to finish our backyard and start landscaping so I am on a tight timeline. Basically I was told the only colors I can pick are
Blue surf
Aqua blue
French gray
White diamonds

Yes it is frustrating. We picked ocean blue, but a week after he gave me the price upgrade he said there was no ETA date for this. I can't help but think that these contractors know there is a shortage but wait until we are deep into the project to let us know. He explained that the rocks that make the color come from all over the world and part of the supply chain shortage, which is only getting worse, so how could they not know that these colors aren't coming. Pebbletec should remove the choices from their site or admit they are not getting the colors. I thought about calling pebbletec. Our colors to choose from are:
Blue surf
Blue granite
Aqua Blue
French Grey
Arctic white
White Diamonds
Seafood Green
Irish Mint
Desert Gold
Bordeaux

At least this is what he circled as available. We will most likely settle for blue surf. Seems to be the darkest of the standard colors and he did say that is available right now and can be done next week.

You may want to search on Pebbletec's site to see how your PB is listed: Find a Builder - Pebble Technology International. In discussing with my PB, the "Elite" builders have primary access to limited supply, and they haven't felt the shortage crunch, where all of the others are struggling to get product. Pebbletec is still shipping all colors. It's just a matter of whether your PB/installer will have access to them or if they're being snatched up by those with primary access.

You may want to search on Pebbletec's site to see how your PB is listed: Find a Builder - Pebble Technology International. In discussing with my PB, the "Elite" builders have primary access to limited supply, and they haven't felt the shortage crunch, where all of the others are struggling to get product. Pebbletec is still shipping all colors. It's just a matter of whether your PB/installer will have access to them or if they're being snatched up by those with primary access.
Thank you. I just did a search and my builder is on the elite list. So technically they should have primary access but they said it is all back ordered. Should I call Pebbletec?

We originally wanted cool blue, but the closest they had was White Diamonds. We’re going to add some blue to that to get closer to cool blue. I think it should look nice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know SMG was having a ton of production issues for material also last year and into this season but I guess it's improving. My builder had a rough year even getting equipment last year. Another builder I know couldn't get fiberglass shells.

Hopefully this season is better.

Thank you. I just did a search and my builder is on the elite list. So technically they should have primary access but they said it is all back ordered. Should I call Pebbletec?
Out of curiousity, when did you make your selection? I can't say that reaching out to Pebbletec directly will help, but I don't think it will hurt either. If it truly is backordered, they may be able to give you an idea of when it will be back in stock.

I'm also mid-build and will likely be hitting plaster next month. As fate should have it, I'm also doing Ocean Blue Pebblesheen. We had our material selection meeting back in March, and I think that's likely when our order went in. At that time, they were showing stock of all 3 of the colors we were interested in: Onyx Black, Tahoe Blue, and Ocean Blue. However it is possible things have changed in the last month or so, as shortages in pretty much all of the trades are still very real.

Out of curiousity, when did you make your selection? I can't say that reaching out to Pebbletec directly will help, but I don't think it will hurt either. If it truly is backordered, they may be able to give you an idea of when it will be back in stock.

I'm also mid-build and will likely be hitting plaster next month. As fate should have it, I'm also doing Ocean Blue Pebblesheen. We had our material selection meeting back in March, and I think that's likely when our order went in. At that time, they were showing stock of all 3 of the colors we were interested in: Onyx Black, Tahoe Blue, and Ocean Blue. However it is possible things have changed in the last month or so, as shortages in pretty much all of the trades are still very real.

We told our PM Feb 15th, and he gave me the upgrade price for Ocean Blue a couple of days later. Then on Feb 22nd, he sent me a message saying all upgraded finishes were on backorder with no foreseen ETA. We went back and forth, and he called pebbletec and he said that pebbletec said midnight blue would be in 1-2 months, but my pm advised against waiting because he is seeing non of these upgraded colors coming in and didn't want us to miss a swim season. At least that was his story, which I believe him. Most likely we will go with blue surf

We originally wanted cool blue, but the closest they had was White Diamonds. We’re going to add some blue to that to get closer to cool blue. I think it should look nice.
How do you add blue? Just out of curiosity. My PM didn't give me an option to customize it and really I have no idea how they do the pebbletec.

How do you add blue? Just out of curiosity. My PM didn't give me an option to customize it and really I have no idea how they do the pebbletec.
I can't remember what they called it exactly, but it's little blue flecks (t-grade maybe?). Looks almost identical to the blue in the cool blue, but it is an additional cost, which is a little frustrating, but it is what it is. Cost was similar to the abalone shells, which we're also adding in to ours.

Edit: Here's a picture of it. Abalone shells on the left, glass beads in the middle (which were significantly more expensive), an the blue flecks on the right.
pebble sheen.jpg

Last edited:
So do they give u the formula when u do custom mixes cause I would be afraid if I had to do a repair down the road and needed to match the patch. We just had to repair a 1 square foot area under my skimmer. I’m very very glad I did a white base with quartz non custom color cause it made patching mindless. We finished yesterday and yes I can tell cause my plaster is 4 years old now but once it’s brushed and exposed it will be money. Underwater now I can’t even already tell. But when I talked to Diamond brite. That was the first thing they asked about custom color and base plaster color. Made for an easy repair cause stuff happens and I consider myself a crazy crazy careful owner. Bit it still happened.

We told our PM Feb 15th, and he gave me the upgrade price for Ocean Blue a couple of days later. Then on Feb 22nd, he sent me a message saying all upgraded finishes were on backorder with no foreseen ETA. We went back and forth, and he called pebbletec and he said that pebbletec said midnight blue would be in 1-2 months, but my pm advised against waiting because he is seeing non of these upgraded colors coming in and didn't want us to miss a swim season. At least that was his story, which I believe him. Most likely we will go with blue surf
Curious what color your eventually went with? Our fencing pushed our pebble date back, as you can't fill here without a fence. However, today is our pebble date, and as promised, they were able to deliver Ocean Blue Pebblesheen. It has a May date on some of the bags, so it looks like it is shipping again for anyone else waiting.

Curious what color your eventually went with? Our fencing pushed our pebble date back, as you can't fill here without a fence. However, today is our pebble date, and as promised, they were able to deliver Ocean Blue Pebblesheen. It has a May date on some of the bags, so it looks like it is shipping again for anyone else waiting.
I ended up going with Blue Surf. Really wanted Ocean Blue but they did give me a free upgrade of some glass beads in the mix. Would love to see a picture of yours when it is done so I can see what I could have gotten

Reactions: darkrider

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.