Pebble Tec vs mini pebble?

JHCB

Jul 27, 2020
Orlando
Hello
My PB knows that I'm concerned about going from a plaster finish to a pebble finish as I've heard that pebble can be rough. I picked a mini pebble color and we are now a few weeks away from finish installation. My PB advised that he thinks I would be much happier with the regular pebble vs the mini. He said that they can polish the sun shelf and steps if I felt it was too rough. But he felt that the larger stones are the smoother stones. From my research, I had understood that the mini pebble is smoother and that's why I was leaning towards mini.

I am definitely onboard with a change as I've had diamondbrite and / or plaster all of my life. However, I want the pool bottom to be comfortable to walk on (of course) and not tear up our feet. Has anyone else heard that the regular pebbles are SMOOTHER than the mini-pebble in these pebble applications?

Appreciate and welcome and advice and feedback.

Thanks!

Has anyone else heard that the regular pebbles are SMOOTHER than the mini-pebble in these pebble applications?

Nope.

And I really suggest you find a pool with a Pebble and Mini-Pebble finish that you can walk on and decide for yourself. It is very subjective how those finishes feel to an individual. Personally I think they are all too rough to enjoy. Some folks clearly have tougher feet than I do.

Reactions: JHCB and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.