Pebble tec install issue?

jlsesler

Apr 23, 2019
Dallas
Hello,

My new pool was plastered and filled back in December. Per the instructions, I brushed it thoroughly 2x per day for the first week. I immediately noticed some spots/stains, but the builder said it would probably go away after a while. Not only did they not go away, more spots/stains/discolorations appeared since then. The plaster guy came by today and said the pool needs to be drained and acid washed. He thinks it wasn't brushed well enough in the beginning.

Does this make sense? Could this be an installation issue? I spent 30-45 minutes (2x per day) brushing it for that first week. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason.

Pool contractors ("it'll go away") and plasterers ("wasn't brushed enough") will say anything to blow you off ("not my fault")! It's definitely a surface installation issue. Acid washing will probably improve it but it will also take a couple of years off your surface's lifespan.

:(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.