Seminole Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Its been about 6 months since pool build. We noticed our pebble sheen was streaking and changing after the first month. The pool guys said its normal and will go through a curing process. The pebble tec guy placed the hose in and made sure we filled from the deep end up to avoid any run marks but the main streaks go nearly the length of the pool. They have grown larger over the months changing mainly from a darker to lighter blue. Im fine with either color but would prefer all one color. I was just curious if this is a normal process?Our chemicals have been perfect and I have printouts to back this up. The pebble tec guys told me this was needed to keep the warranty intact.
fading pebble tec.pngfading pool.png

Did you do back up testing of your own? Can you feel a difference between the light and dark areas? Have you been brushing?

Sorry for more questions than answers but this might help us figure out what is going on.

Did you do back up testing of your own? Can you feel a difference between the light and dark areas? Have you been brushing?

Sorry for more questions than answers but this might help us figure out what is going on.
Yes I have the pool dialed in really nicely with my own test kit from this site. I brush and vacuum once a week as recommended. The sun ledge has been splotchy from day one but the lighter colored streaking down the middle of the pool seems to be increasing in size

Here is a few more pictures, not sure why the others wouldnt size properly. I find its almost impossible not to capture the glare from the surface but here are a few.
I have had these long streaks for months that are lighter than the majority of the pebble sheen color. I notice the fading is spreading to other areas of the pool also. I havent contacted my PB yet but I did register my pebble tec product with their site and received a confirmation email. Even in my avatar picture taken 4 months ago you can see the main long streak.

Attachments

• Tec.jpg
    Tec.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 74
  • pebble sheen.jpg
    pebble sheen.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 73
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.