Pebble finish help - Maryland

AirBurn

Aug 21, 2020
Baltimore Maryland
Hi all, i bought a property that has a gunite in-ground pool about 8 months ago. The pool is about 15 years old. Everything went well this season but i am looking to get some work done to it. The tile is falling off in places, there are 2 4-6 inch cracks in the beam, and it needs to be resurfaced. I'm in the Baltimore Maryland area, and one of the local pool companies quoted me almost $20 per sqft for signature matrix, not including the tile. I wouldn't meet their minimum size for pricing structure so my pool (550sqft and 104 linear feet) would cost $13,500 for signature matrix, and $6,000 for plaster. Seems high based on what I've read ($8-$10 for pebble).

Has anyone around me used a company they liked that could provide me a recommendation and/or the pricing they've seen? Thanks!

Although I am in the South, the pricing isn't that far off and also you have to research the various "pebble" finishes if you want a less expensive pebble. Some basic pebble is rough after installation, other pebble is super smooth because they polish it (a minimum of additional 1 day of labor). So it may be best to ask your PB for the least expensive pebble and then the most expensive. Also, there is various suppliers of pebble, mine is Wet Edge Technologies - go to there site and you can see a multitude of pebble finishes.. There is also Hydrazzo which is similar yet different to Wet Edge product. Hope the helps and others will chime in as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.