Pebble Fina VS QuartzScapes

BackyardZen

Aug 21, 2019
Los Angeles
Hello,
I am looking for assistance/knowledge in order to decide between Pebble Fina and QuartzScapes, and i am receiving conflicting information. I am also open to other suggestions.
We are looking for a product that is more durable than plain plaster, yet has a more solid coloring than Pepple Tec or StoneScapes, as well as a smoother finish.
I would really appreciate any feedback that you can offer.

1. Are they manufactured out of the same materials?
2. Do they have basically the same durability/lifespan?
3. What are the pros and cons of each?
4. any other insights to consider?

Thank you

Look at polished aggregate finishes like Hydrazoo.

The durability/lifespan has more to do with the quality of the install then the materials.

Similar products use similar raw materials. Select a finish that has all inorganic colors to prevent fading.

If you get Fina, go with a lighter finish if you want a more even appearance and less mottling. If I had to do it over again, I'd have gone with Cielo Blue (white base color) instead of Bella Blue (grey base color). Fina is smooth like plaster and should have a longer life.

I personally like pebblefina the texture is like plaster and a nice rounded aggregate feel. As skimmerswimmer said the lighter colors stay more even the darker the color the more variation you will get.

Alan's recommendation of hydrazzo is also good, its the smoothest finish I have seen when applied well. As for pros and cons they all have their place and marketshare. A properly applied product and the PREP is what counts in anything with pool finishes. Make sure whomever you use has lots of experience applying the product and is certified to do so. I would also go see other pools they have done with some time on them, thats the true test. the pools done last year dont have enough time to show problems

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.